Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is no secret that the numbers of hunters are on a steady decline...for many factors..

It is hard enough to get new blood in the sport, and even harder for them to break into bowhunting...the way we hunt today can put an intense amount of pressure on a newbie...trophy management..QDMA...hunting TV shows...the internet...it can all be very overwhelming to get ahold of...

I ask - regardless of your personal management practices or opinions, that when a new archer, young archer, or anyone posts up a story and a picture of their first deer, or any deer for that matter...you simply congratulate them...

No need to point out if it has spots...yeah - they know..they see them too...don't bust balls if they shoot a spiker or a dorky forky...Just be happy for them...

We do not need to discourage ANYONE from hunting, enjoying some time in the woods, and relaxing....

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
Excellent post:slice:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Very good point my friend. Count me in!

·
Registered
328 Posts
very well said

·
Registered
564 Posts
absolutely right on. I love seeing people get their first deer. I can remember how special my first deer was and how absolutely pumped my dad got when we found it. I dont want to steal from anybody's experience because it truly does only happen once in a lifetime. Take a child hunting and fishing, introduce them to the great outdoors, and if you have friends that are clueless of whats in it, explain to them how great of a place it is!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
You are soooo right......if a new hunter puts a pic of an animal they have killed, they must be PROUD of it or they wouldn't have bothered posting it......think about some of our first kills, no matter how old we were....we were proud of our accomplishment, right ? BTW,...my first big game bow kill was a 49 lb. fawn.......and I was smilin !!!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I ask - regardless of your personal management practices or opinions, that when a new archer, young archer, or anyone posts up a story and a picture of their first deer, or any deer for that matter...you simply congratulate them...
so... how long is the free pass supposed to be valid? :dontknow:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
...I ask - regardless of your personal management practices or opinions, that when a new archer, young archer, or anyone posts up a story and a picture of their first deer, or any deer for that matter...you simply congratulate them...
I'd up the ante to "heartily congratulate them".

Just remember your first, how good it felt, and extend that feeling to them. Besides, it'll make you feel good as well.:)

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dan prepping for your season? JUST KIDDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>X

Great Post my friend and so very true.

LOLOLOLOLOL...after last year's dow..maybe I should! LOL!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
70 Posts
amen! great post

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
It is no secret that the numbers of hunters are on a steady decline...for many factors..

It is hard enough to get new blood in the sport, and even harder for them to break into bowhunting...the way we hunt today can put an intense amount of pressure on a newbie...trophy management..QDMA...hunting TV shows...the internet...it can all be very overwhelming to get ahold of...

No need to point out if it has spots...yeah - they know..they see them too...don't bust balls if they shoot a spiker or a dorky forky...Just be happy for them...

We do not need to discourage ANYONE from hunting, enjoying some time in the woods, and relaxing....

I couldn't have said it better myself.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts