Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was researching high end bows a couple years ago, I wish there would’ve known about the massive differences in customer service between Matthews and Hoyt. As you can see, my 2017 Carbon Defiant is ready to explode. Under 500 arrows, under 30 hunts, and kept in a case inside. Yet the Riser is separating from the limbs, on top and bottom. Bow has been registered yet customer service is requiring the ORIGINAL RECIEPT. $1600 for a bow to fall apart and the manufacturer won’t fix it. I would not recommend a HOYT, if you’re in the market. My local dealer explained this is common and why he recommends Matthews.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
If you bought it from said dealer, he should be able to go back and pull receipt off computer or his books. I could go back years on my system.. Also i'm sure you remember when you purchased it, you could go back and pull bank statement of credit card purchase or check stub.. There are ways to get receipt. But i'll be honest from pictures (that bow looks rode hard and put up wet). If you know what I mean.. Good luck though.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
That's why I keep all receipts of my major purchases in a folder in my file cabinet - you never know when you'll have to produce one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you bought it from said dealer, he should be able to go back and pull receipt off computer or his books. I could go back years on my system.. Also i'm sure you remember when you purchased it, you could go back and pull bank statement of credit card purchase or check stub.. There are ways to get receipt. But i'll be honest from pictures (that bow looks rode hard and put up wet). If you know what I mean.. Good luck though.
There’s not even a scuff anywhere on the bow... that buckskin gets Mud/dirt on it and it’s a ***** to clean. Either way, for a bow “that can be ran over” the riser separating from the limbs suggests the quality is far from what they advertise. Also, they said they want the original receipt... not sure a CC statement will work. Just piss poor customer service but I’m seeing I’m not the only one who’s experienced this with Hoyt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
And if you bought it used, you won't have a receipt to show either. That is one thing about manufacturers like Vortex and Badlands...no matter if it was bought second hand, they will still fix or replace it.
Sorry to hear about your experience, but it is eye opening. Especially with a bow that appears to be a manufacturer defect.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Oh my bad.. Yup no marks or scuffs.
But if you had statement, you could go back to dealer and he could go back and reprint invoice form sales history... Or maybe you bought it off internet and don't have a case. There are ways to get what you are needing provided you have legit purchase. They can tell by serial number where bow was delivered to shop wise. And if you registered bow like you were supposed to it wouldn't be a problem. Or dealer should have registered bow for you.. Just sayin.....

Attachments

·
DefiantShooter
10,948 Posts
^^^ Lol....Hate when that happens! :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Looks like it fell of the back of the truck...literally, not figuratively ;)

That being said, Hoyt C/S has taken a hit the past few years - not sure what is going on up there in UT but they've had a run of "high profile" issues lately - the No2 Defiant Cam debacle (and the limbs that need $250 adapters to press, to a lesser extent), the RX-1 shock/noise, then the RX3 sight plate... sigh. RX-4/Axius so far so good though it seems. Been a Hoyt homer for 30+ years but sometimes it makes you scratch your head...

I can offer, if you talked to Pete, call back and try to get someone else. How Pete is still employed is a mystery. Must be a Brother-in Law thing, or he knows where the bodies are buried kind of deal.

EDIT: Oh, also - your dealer should be going to bat for you on this one. I don't understand why he's not handling this issue for you directly with Hoyt, you wouldn't even need to talk to Hoyt normally. Unless you bought it somewhere else or used, etc.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Looks like it fell of the back of the truck...literally, not figuratively ;)

That being said, Hoyt C/S has taken a hit the past few years - not sure what is going on up there in UT but they've had a run of "high profile" issues lately - the No2 Defiant Cam debacle (and the limbs that need $250 adapters to press, to a lesser extent), the RX-1 shock/noise, then the RX3 sight plate... sigh. RX-4/Axius so far so good though it seems. Been a Hoyt homer for 30+ years but sometimes it makes you scratch your head...

I can offer, if you talked to Pete, call back and try to get someone else. How Pete is still employed is a mystery. Must be a Brother-in Law thing, or he knows where the bodies are buried kind of deal.

EDIT: Oh, also - your dealer should be going to bat for you on this one. I don't understand why he's not handling this issue for you directly with Hoyt, you wouldn't even need to talk to Hoyt normally. Unless you bought it somewhere else or used, etc.

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell !!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell !!
Yup and I definitely agree about Pete. If he answers I now hang up and wait 20min to call back with hopes of not getting him.

Now I don’t think we are getting the full story here. Hoyt will rarely ask for the original receipt but when they do it’s normally because the address used to register the bow and the address of the Hoyt dealer that serial number was sent to are very far apart and their system flagged the abnormality. Another reason they would ask for one is Hoyt is pretty adamant about going through authorized dealers for warranty service. I can’t imagine any rep, Pete or no Pete not immediately saying go to a dealer then arriving at needing the receipt when the customer explains why they aren’t.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts