Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any bow manufactures that don't want the STS installed on their bows? If they do what is their reasoning.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I have heard no such claim:)

Actually a couple of companies are coming out with their own version.

The String Suppressor is one of the best add ons to a bow.

·
74,535 Posts
CSS Bows

Says they dont want simms products on there limbs, I would assume the STS would be the same.

I myself would sure think it would help the limbs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My brother had a Mathews dealer (who had never seen an STS before and had no idea what its purpose was) tell him earlier this week that the STS was the cause of his broken limbs. He said that if he would have noticed the STS on the bow before he filled out the warranty claim, that he felt Mathews would not warranty the limbs because of the STS. My brother explained (long before the warranty claim was filled out) that the broken limb happened when he forgot to load an arrow while target practicing and accidentally dry fired the bow.... anyway long story short, the Mathew dealer continues to believe that the STS caused the break and he thinks Mathews would not stand behind it if they knew about the STS.

Personally, I think the dealer is FOS and I am researching to see what I can find out directly from Mathews.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
whtlfanatic That dealer sounds like a big tool. He should at least pick up the phone and call them. Then he would get his answer.

·
74,535 Posts
Thats strange

whtlfanatic said:
My brother had a Mathews dealer (who had never seen an STS before and had no idea what its purpose was) tell him earlier this week that the STS was the cause of his broken limbs. He said that if he would have noticed the STS on the bow before he filled out the warranty claim, that he felt Mathews would not warranty the limbs because of the STS. My brother explained (long before the warranty claim was filled out) that the broken limb happened when he forgot to load an arrow while target practicing and accidentally dry fired the bow.... anyway long story short, the Mathew dealer continues to believe that the STS caused the break and he thinks Mathews would not stand behind it if they knew about the STS.

Personally, I think the dealer is FOS and I am researching to see what I can find out directly from Mathews.

Geroge Dixon is the one that recommended the STS to me for my Mathews.
Been using one for years, they dont break the limbs.
DB

·
saskarcher
5,124 Posts
I think if the manufacturers thought they were so great they would be putting them on their own bows,,
don't ya think??
I had an AR 34 that I shot for almost 2 years,,,all was well, a real nice bow
Heard all the hype on the STS
bought one,, within a month,, just before hunting season BOTH of my limbs were cracked!!!! right at the forks!!!
I still belive that they must set up some string vibrations that is not natural.
It did quiet the bow noise
to the point were I couldnt shoot it!!
My dealer warrantied the bow, but suggests not to continue useing it!!
Another one for the file G
my 2 cents

·
Registered
226 Posts
Tpoof,

Just so I'm clear, the STS did not void your warrenty and the dealer, not the bows manufacturer, stated that it might have caused the issue with your split limbs?

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
whtlfanatic said:

Sounds like a dealer that is up on all the latest:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to Bowtech. An STS could void the warranty if they could prove that the STS was the cause of a limb failure. They said that they had not had any experience with an STS on a Bowtech bow, so they could not say one way or another if an STS would cause a limb failure.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Nino said:
whtlfanatic That dealer sounds like a big tool. He should at least pick up the phone and call them. Then he would get his answer.
Yeap, I agree.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
tpoof said:
I think if the manufacturers thought they were so great they would be putting them on their own bows,,
don't ya think??
Hell, (most of) the manufacturers know that quality strings make their bows perform and stay in spec better, but they don't put them on their own bows. Why don't bows already come equipped with stabilizers? I mean, if their bows don't need them, why are there threaded holes in the riser?

The manufacturers are already getting top-dollar for bare bows. Why add anything?

I've got a Team MeanV CSS on my Ross and it's a great add-on and took away any twang I had. I think guys blaming limb failures on the STS is a cop-out.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Reijo said:
According to Bowtech. An STS could void the warranty if they could prove that the STS was the cause of a limb failure. They said that they had not had any experience with an STS on a Bowtech bow, so they could not say one way or another if an STS would cause a limb failure.
Well if they want a test, they can use my bow as an example. I have had it on my tribute sence day 1 and it has between 10,000 to 20,000 shots through it now. I have never had a problem, and dont think i will.
p.s. I think meanv2's sts looks like it was made to be on the bow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sts

i have been using the STS on my Bow Tech Tribute for about 6 months and about 1000 shots, no problem. my hunting buddy has had one on his Allegance for well over a year again no problems.

i just don't see how something that only stops the forward movement of the string could case damage to a bows limbs. it can effect a bows tuning and point of impact because the arrow leaves the string earlier.

just my 2 cent worth.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I find it really funny.......and sad.....opportunity missed. A couple of years ago Fred Bear had the "shock stop" on their Team Realtree line of bows. Little rubber stop on the cable guide. I really liked it and e-mailed them to ask if they sold it seperately. They responded back that no they can not sell it seperately and don't plan to.

Had I took it upon myself to develop my own............I might be buying my own hunting ranch at this point. such it is :sad: Those STS are hot right now. Good Idea.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts