Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new spot to hunt this year and there are alot of buckeye and hickory trees in this piece of timber. Has anyone ever seen deer munching on either of these????

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I thought buckeyes were poisonous? are they not? I have heard deer eat hickory nuts but I find it hard to see how they would crack em....Let me know if you know different....I'm always interested in learning.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems I remember something about buckeyes being poisionous now that you mention it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
are there didn't kinds of buckeyes? i wonder how people got the idea they are poisonous? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Buckeyes are good luck!! Pick up all you can and sell them at flea markets for 25 to 50 cents each just like the guy that sold me one!!:D :D

I can guarantee that after they have that useless piece of vegetation around like I did, they will find out how far it can be thrown and maybe that would kill a deer!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
deer that eat em around here begin to shake and quiver, die soon after. Happens to fawns mostly..they call it buckeye poisoning.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I dont know about poisonous although I have heard they can choke ya LOL......Go Blue!

:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts