Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here brush in there treestands whenever there is not much cover around? Pictures?

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Does anyone here brush in there treestands whenever there is not much cover around? Pictures?
I use the trees that are cut for my shooting lanes as coverage. Just don't go over the top, but enough to cover in front of the stand, not necessairly on the stand, but in front of it. I used an existing tree in front of my stand as a post to lean the other trees next to it and zip tied them. No it won't last forever, but it will give the ladder nice coverage, especially in the early season. In my opinion, the more brush that is on a stand, the more noise you make getting into the stand.

· Registered
790 Posts
same here,, I pay more attention to the trunk of the tree so it hides my outline from anything coming in from the sides and back.

basically I stuff alot of branches between the stand and the tree adjusting everything so it sticks outto past my shoulders and then I prune them up a bit to shoot thorgh if I needed..

· Registered
4,251 Posts
no i brush before i head out in the morning, waiting till i get to my stand is just another pain in the arse thing i can do at home, like taking a dump etc:wink:
only goofing dude, but i do weave brush/leafy limbs up and down my ladder stands steps and at the base, i have also mad ground blinds out of brush that were just about invisable in the woods.....

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
sits that aint right.:clap:

i found something at wally world you could get right now .
they have these decoration leaves you put on tables for fall parties they are red ,green,yellow,brown maple leaves that are 10' long real cheap.
one strand will wrap around you stand easy .
two for a climber. four for a ladder stand looks great.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
sits that aint right.:clap:

i found something at wally world you could get right now .
they have these decoration leaves you put on tables for fall parties they are red ,green,yellow,brown maple leaves that are 10' long real cheap.
one strand will wrap around you stand easy .
two for a climber. four for a ladder stand looks great.
hey weegee, if you recall what is the price on those wally world leaves?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.