Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this just recently and would like to know other Cheese head opinions, First off, is it legal to carry a pistol or sidearm while Bowhunting and secondly if it is wIhat do you all carry? I thought I read somewhere that you are able to carry with bow or gun hunting but not concealed? Any and all informatiion is helpfull and I thank you all in advance.

·
Live to Hunt,Hunt to Live
1,269 Posts
I carry a Glock 27 40cal. But in Texas you have to carry concealed because you have to have a CCL or CHL to carry while bowhunting.

·
Banned
3,180 Posts
I carry both open and concealed while bowhunting. My safety is more important than the states laws so I do what is in my best interests until the laws catch up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Both my sons and I carry Glocks, .45 ACP, 10MM, 9MM

·
Banned
3,180 Posts

·
-------
2,640 Posts
1911 in a thigh holster so my jacket doesn't conceal it. Shortly after Nov. 1st I won't have to use a thigh holster.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I carry both open and concealed while bowhunting. My safety is more important than the states laws so I do what is in my best interests until the laws catch up.
So you can call everybody else out on breaking state laws and calling people poachers but its ok for you to take part in illegal activities?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
oh my!!just tell me why? No i do not carry a gun in the woods with me when i bow hunt. No i do not carry a gun with me when i hunt out west either.I do carry a 3 d flash light:)

·
Banned
3,180 Posts
So you can call everybody else out on breaking state laws and calling people poachers but its ok for you to take part in illegal activities?
Yes. It would seem you have a firm grip on the obvious. :wink:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I got an old Colt 1911 .45 that I sometimes bring w/ me. A litte heavy compared to other pistols but very trustworthy and it's lighter than my desert eagle.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Bob, the Constitution is my permit to carry.
I am not about breaking the law but I agree 100% . And not only is it a Constitutional right but more importantly it is a God Given Right. No man can tell me I dont have the right to protect myself. If I am caught I will pay the penalty.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont think they are the same thing. Poaching is theft from the public. Thats what government is supposed to be protecting against and enforcing because it affects the public. Government was never supposed to be making laws that take basic rights away in the name of some perceived safety. By him carrying a gun he isnt affecting anyone but himself and therefore the government has no constitutional right to take it away.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I dont think they are the same thing. Poaching is theft from the public. Thats what government is supposed to be protecting against and enforcing because it affects the public. Government was never supposed to be making laws that take basic rights away in the name of some perceived safety. By him carrying a gun he isnt affecting anyone but himself and therefore the government has no constitutional right to take it away.
And I dont think having a picture of a deer on a mineral block that someone assumes is more than 50 yards away from my house is the same as poaching. I also carry a gun and have nothing against it but if somesone is gonna call people out about breaking the law they better be prepared to be called out when they admit to breaking the law.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts