Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how many of you pack a breakfast/lunch with you on those all day sits. Maybe some sweet tea or cofee?

I have always wondered about this, but been to nervous to try as I dont want deer to wind me.

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
I always pack snacks in the stand with me, I have to since I have type 1 diabetes. I don't think it makes a difference at all.

·
Banned
5,228 Posts
I don't take a full course meal of breakfast or lunch, but something to snack on and I almost always have something to drink. One thing to always do is take whatever your eating out of the original package and put it in a ziplock bag.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yep all the time. I arrowed the buck in my avatar pic while eating a chocolatechip cookie. Thus, I call that buck "chocolatechip"

·
Registered
564 Posts
I usually pack a water, special K bar, and pretzels with me for a morning sit. Break it out about 9:30. I'm not too worried about these things spooking deer, they don't have much of a smell. I've had deer around me while I'm eating as well.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i use a camel back for hydration and usually some cereal bars, protein bars, energy bars, or candy bars

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
snacks... always take thos candy, cereal, protein bars out of the package and put them into a plastic baggie (far less noise)

must have water in the pack

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I bring a snack and my camelbak fully of water.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
never taken anything

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
ohhhhhh dont mix your pee bottle with your water bottle. i always take either water or gatorade and peanut butter crackers and a few apples. believe it or not i always throw my apple core on the ground and have had numerous deer inspect the munched apple core. and the apple also covers morning breath haha

1 - 20 of 91 Posts