Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a copper johns ants2 that seems to have some bushings that went out.. you can take the scope and shake it back and forth.. and it rings like a bell when shot...

So... I contacted copper johns about it and wanted to send it back to get fixed... They emailed me back and wanted 80 Bucks! to replace 2 bushings??

my question is.... DOES THIS SEEM OUT OF LINE TO YOU? Do you think it is worth it? just sounds like its a little much for what needs to be done.. I have always heard good things about copper johns support and am not bashing them in any way... but just thought this seemed a bit much...

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
unless things changed really bad thats not the CJ I delt with 3 years ago I had one go bad I sent it in got a new one in less then a week . Thats why I never switched sights cause of the CS . I would do like the other guy said call them .

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
IMO,no bushing should ever wear out or go bad in the life of a sight. I'd get another brand for a few dollars more if there charging you 80 bucks + shipping to fix it.

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
I have a copper johns ants2 that seems to have some bushings that went out.. you can take the scope and shake it back and forth.. and it rings like a bell when shot...

So... I contacted copper johns about it and wanted to send it back to get fixed... They emailed me back and wanted 80 Bucks! to replace 2 bushings??

my question is.... DOES THIS SEEM OUT OF LINE TO YOU? Do you think it is worth it? just sounds like its a little much for what needs to be done.. I have always heard good things about copper johns support and am not bashing them in any way... but just thought this seemed a bit much...
Sounds like I'd be switching brands, never to own a CJ again.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Been there, done that.

Same deal for me too on a sight that had 2 years of limited use. I too thought the $80 was a lot for replacing bushings, so I quietly paid the bill, then I sold mine as soon as I got it back.

I've got a Tru Ball Axcel on my bow now and it is worlds better than the CJ. I also know lots of local shooters that have dumped their CJs too............

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I just recently met Eric, one of the owners of CJ and Stan and spent a good deal of time with him going over his new sight line and testing some stan releases. I would ask for him directly, he seems like a stand up guy and was bothered by some past issues I discussed with him about Stan releases.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an axcel on my merlin.. but was wanting to throw this on another bow... but I think you are right.. I will call... and if that gets me no where I will just get another axcel

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Been there, done that.

Same deal for me too on a sight that had 2 years of limited use. I too thought the $80 was a lot for replacing bushings, so I quietly paid the bill, then I sold mine as soon as I got it back.

I've got a Tru Ball Axcel on my bow now and it is worlds better than the CJ. I also know lots of local shooters that have dumped their CJs too............
I have the axcel also and I agree it is a way better sight, I owned a ants 2 before and just my opinion the 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment is terrible

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
LOL I'll continue the trend...I sold my Copper John and switched to the Axcel 2000. Needless to say, I'm very content with the change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts