Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if you worried about this. I've seen that they plain in strange directions sometimes when they catch wind. do you feel reluctant to make a longer shot in windy conditions with these broadheads. I am using the Montec G5s

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
If its windy a longer shot with any head shouldnt be taken. But your best bet is to get out in diff eind speeds and see how badly if at all your flight is affected. Even my mechs will drift about an inch at 50 yards in steady wind. But i dont shoot them that far anyway.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
njshadowwalker said:
If its windy a longer shot with any head shouldnt be taken. But your best bet is to get out in diff eind speeds and see how badly if at all your flight is affected. Even my mechs will drift about an inch at 50 yards in steady wind. But i dont shoot them that far anyway.
I agree you have to worry about wind with what ever your shooting but i have not noticed if they drift more than field points or not.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
maybee-r said:
I agree you have to worry about wind with what ever your shooting but i have not noticed if they drift more than field points or not.
There is more surface area so naturally they will catch more wind. Depends on the setup and how far your shooting. Most bow shots are around 20 yards where I live so wind is not going to play that big of a factor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts