1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Leave em for the yotes, they are gone within 24 hrs around here.. :nod:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Coyotes got's to eat same as the buzzards.

·
Registered
970 Posts
It depends where I am - whose land it is, what they want me to do with it. On my parents' place or on public land, I leave it for the coyotes.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
nothing i m gonna eat , so yote bait

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Leave it. I had a guy who gives his meat away tell me some people want it all.:pukey:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
always.............its truely recycling!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
there's no way im hauling a gut pile out of the woods along with my deer. To each his own, but around here they dont last long if you leave them lay

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I would not leave them near a hiking trail or campground or on private land. other than that its buzzard food. Would hate for some one who is not anti hunting to have their fav dog role in it and want to coem in their nice moter home or trailer, or smell up the camping area.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I would not leave them near a hiking trail or campground or on private land. other than that its buzzard food. Would hate for some one who is not anti hunting to have their fav dog role in it and want to coem in their nice moter home or trailer, or smell up the camping area.
Agreed. Even on our lease I gut at least 20 yards off the trails.

I've never carried it out though. There are enough scavengers around to dispose of it in short order.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Depends....if I'm in a urban situation I will bag up and take them out as the home owners dont want them left behind....if I'm else where, I may drag the deer to a specific location before I field dress. On the property I hunt, any entrails left behind will attract 'yotes and stray/wild dogs, so I get the deer out of there before I field dress, even 200+ lb'ers.....

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I usually leave em, but if my neighbors are being an pain I leave them a special present on their step, if you know what i mean!:pukey::D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts