Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I personally cannot stand a hair trigger on a release. I tried my buds release the other day and Jeeesus, all I did was lay my finger on it and it was gone baby. Scared the blanketyblank outa me, I said get that blanketyblank thing away from me, I don't need target panic again.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I have mine set the lightest. Get to anchor and focus on bullseye, put my thumb on trigger and pull.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
From the post title i thought you were talking about something else. My first reaction was this is a family site.
But yea i don't like it that sensitive on the trigger

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
you should see the patched holes in my garage wall and onein my garage door. not by me guys come over and tune there bows shoot at my portable target with there hair triggers release goes off before they are at anchor:angry: it is suggested when starting out keep the trigger heavy, untill you prefect BT

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I like mine more furry then hairy.But not stiff.!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
While trying out different releases, I have not once...but twice...punched myself in the face (luckily not on the same day)! First time was a black eye and second was a bruised cheek bone. I'll stick with my release being much less "hairy" ;)

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
No I don't like it hairy, heavy and smooth please and I like my bow string regularly waxed:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
pluck

i have had a problem with plucking my trigger alot and really tried to fix it and couldnt win. when i draw back my finger is pushing up on the trigger to make sure it doesnt come loose. when i am ready to shoot it is nice to put as little amt of force on the release to get the Suprize release. its not to light but too heavy is bad too. imo

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
you should see the patched holes in my garage wall and onein my garage door. not by me guys come over and tune there bows shoot at my portable target with there hair triggers release goes off before they are at anchor:angry: it is suggested when starting out keep the trigger heavy, untill you prefect BT
I like a hair trigger. But, just like with a firearm yiour trigger finger should be on the outside of the trigger guard until you are on target and ready to fire. So, with my release I keep my index finger behind the trigger until I am on target and ready to fire. Anyone I see pulling a bow back with their finger in front and by the trigger I tell them and try to get them to correct it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
No.....Stiff. I will settle the pin on the spot/animal (Then relax with my finger on the trigger) and really like to pull threw the shot, while floating the pin on the target (100% surprised each and every time!)

FYI: A light trigger, "can" set the foundation for target panic, if one is not conscience of what there doing.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I shoot a Carter Only pure back tension release. And mine is set hairy. Most people cant even pull mine all the way back with out it going off. My reasoning....I am not a strong puller in the back. I draw, get anchored, aim and slightly pull and its off.... If I have one set to hard I get to pulling hard and end up making a crappy shot.

Now for hunting.... I shoot a trigger and its not hairy...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I like it shaved, but my release has a hair trigger :shade:

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
No ! with a light trigger often promotes anticipation of the release and can result in punching or other forms of TP in my opinion. I like the trigger heavy and have to pull through the shot without worry of the release going off quick on me.

·
SuperToon'd
11,804 Posts
Yeah , I like it as light as possible. I draw , anchor , relax and then apply finger to trigger. I don't see how you can punch it when very little pressure will set it off. I hate surprises......................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yeah , I like it as light as possible. I draw , anchor , relax and then apply finger to trigger. I don't see how you can punch it when very little pressure will set it off. I hate surprises......................:darkbeer:
This is an oxymoron statement. If the shot was not a surprise, you punched it....

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
i set my carter as light as it can go

1 - 20 of 42 Posts