Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On a thread in the taxidermy area a guy posted 3 pics of a deer that his buddy mounted.

Here is what the thread said...
"A friend of mine does Taxi work out of his kitchen, he was doing it on the side but now just for himself and close friends. This was a bowkill of his from the '07/'08 season that he just mounted the other day. I guess he wanted to try something new....what do ya think??
Beautiful capes and chocolate horns seem to be the norm from the mountains we hunt in Central AR."

My comment was...
"You asked so I'll tell you. I think it's sick.
Rates right up there with guys who post pics of holes done by a broadhead. That's just my 2 cents worth."

I don't like to pick about anyone's mount but if someone ask I will tell them exactly how I feel about it. Looks like the guy does a great job, but the hole with an arrow sticking out just ruins it for me. Since a lot more people read the Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcase forum I thought I would get a few more opinions. What do YOU think of the mount?

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1054390776#post1054390776

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I dont like it at all..
But to each his own.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Definitely different. But the choice of arrow placement leaves a little bit to be desired.:shade::darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Mount

I posted on that thread as well. I will repeat here what I said there......I think the quality of workmanship in the mount is beautiful, but I feel the additional artistic impressions detract from it and would like it more without the arrow effects.

You have to admit, it is original.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Not for everyone, but it's different and original. I like it. If I was a taxy, and could experiment around like that, I would too. Nothing wrong with it if the owner likes it.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
The idea behind taxidermy for me is for th animal to be life like. I have pictures of the animal to keep when it is lying dead.:darkbeer:
It does look like good taxidermy work though. My .02

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
I posted on that thread as well. I will repeat here what I said there......I think the quality of workmanship in the mount is beautiful, but I feel the additional artistic impressions detract from it and would like it more without the arrow effects.

You have to admit, it is original.
Couldn't agree more BW.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
I've actually thought about having this done before....now that I see it I don't care for it. To each his own though.

My question is....what the heck is in front of the chest in the center????

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've actually thought about having this done before....now that I see it I don't care for it. To each his own though.

My question is....what the heck is in front of the chest in the center????
Round foam pinned to the form. Helps the skin stay glued to the form while drying and provides details.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
looks like a quartering to you shot:shade: i don't really car for the hole.i have a friend that had one done with the arrow in its shoulder with the deer biting at it trying to pull it out:dontknow:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Haven't formed an opinion yet.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts