Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I own an old 1999 Aspen bow with command cams and carbonite limbs, and I would like to change the draw length, but I don't have access to a bow press.
According to the user manual ( http://www.hoyt.com/assets/downloads/manuals/2002_Compound_Manual.pdf ), it states:

Many Hoyt bows utilize the patented InnerCam adjustable module for draw length adjustment. The InnerCam can generally be adjusted without the aid of a bow press.

Can I consider this general statement as being valid for my bow as well, and unscrew the inner cams with no risk ? Do I then need to adjust my string length ?

Thanks for your explanations.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I believe what the manual is referring to is depending on module position, part of the module flat head screw may be obstructed (under) the limb tip. In this case, you would need to press the bow slightly to rotate the cam so that the screw head can be removed. I've done this by having someone pull the bow string just enough to rotate the cam to gain access to the screw head. I once did it using a squeeze style clamp in the spreader position (grip clamp pushing away from fixed side clamp). Either way, the cam need only be rotated slightly and is safe to perform by the methods I described. The inner module can be rotated without any release of limb pressure, it's just access to the screw that is the issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, after looking a bit more closely, there is no cable on the inner cam when the bow is not pulled, and I could safely change the draw length.
The yoke cable goes directly above the cam locking screw, but pressing slightly with the fingers allowed me to move the cable enough to put the Allen key in the head slot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts