Votes: 50 56.8%
  • pick up bow on opening day

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or less or the same amount the week before season comes in?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Different practice

My practice has shifted to hunting like shot scenarios. Shooting at 3-D animals mostly and from elevated positions, and often with mask and half finger gloves on.

When it starts to cool off here in NY, I beging to put on a lot of the gear I will be hunting in, and take my practice shots simulating the actual conditions.

It is very important for me to get the feel of shooting with much of the equipement I will be wearing on stand; mask and gloves being the most important.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I practice basically the same amount.but I keep an eye on things like serving so I don't screw up right before the opener :wink:

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I have a 20yd range in the basement, a 50yd range in the back yard.

My club is 15 miles away. I shoot indoor, outdoor, and 3D, year 'round.

·
33,181 Posts
i I shoot about 300 arrows a week year round. Different bows for the season, ie 5 spot, 3d and hunting.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I rest week before.
I shoot less during the season than any other time of the year though really.

I don't do leagues ot tournys during the season...don't shoot spots or 3Ds...Only time I shoot is with Bhead to amke sure they're doing what they're trained to do

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The week before the season, I definitely shoot less. I've found that a week-off rejuvenates my concentration and my shooting improves dramatically.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Deff. a little more.

I was at the range yesterday and this guy was shooting arrows all over the place. He was shooting at a 5 spot and he was aiming for the middle and was hitting everything but it.

And when I was walking up to get my arrows he said to me pointing at his target, "that's good enough to kill a deer, right"

I just laughed and said a prayer hoping he was kidding

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I practice the same but its different practice. I shoot at excesively long ranges to concentrate more. I also shoot at unknown yardages to practice estimating more.

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
4,991 Posts
I shoot year round, but admittedly I need to practice with BHs more. I get a little jumpy when I first start shooting with them every year, don't know why.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I shoot 2-3 times a weeks, year round when I can.

BUT, for the last few weeks, only a few arrows per session, concentrating on making the first shot count.

I don't pace off yardage (estimate), shoot from an elevated platform, use BH's, wear gloves and mask.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I shoot all year (but not as much as some folks on ArcheryTalk). In July I start hunting in my gear from elevated stands. Just before the season opens I shoot just enough to keep my form and check to make sure nothing changes in my setup.

·
First name's Chad
692 Posts
Luckily for me the club I belong to has an indoor range and a really nice outdoor range so I get to shoot year round. I will say that my frequency of trips to range does pick up around mid july in prep. for the upcoming season.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
Practice form shooting at a ditance of about 2-3 yards. Then maybe take four shots, one at 40, one at 35, one at 30, and one at 25. All of these at a 3D.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts