Votes: 9 5.2%
  • No, I pay someone to do it

Votes: 13 7.5%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to what percentage of you bowhunters will actually re-vane your arrows vs buy them re-vaned vs pay someone to do it.

David

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For now, I buy new arrows with new vanes.

David

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
It was the first archery maintenance thing I learned to do myself.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You should really start refletching your own arrows. You could save a lot of money for other hunting stuff!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've always refletched mine. I like the fact that every vane or feather is put on with the exact same jig.

·
registered
1,028 Posts
I buy bare shafts and then cut them to length, install inserts and nocks and then fletch them and refletch if a vane gets damaged.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i refletch all of mine and my wifes arrows,saves alot of money plus i like fletching our own arrows,plus i can experiment with differnt vanes and such :thumbs_up

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm pretty new to archery so I've been buying arrows that are already fletched. However any that I damage, I'll be saving with the intention of refletching in the future...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I refletch mine. I dont want to sound cocky but I can do it better the way I want them done.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Build them myself and re-vane them myself. That way they are always made the same. And as others have stated, you also save $$ :smile:

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Yes I re-fletch my own arrows.
Yes I buy arrows with fletching already on them. It's just not worth the cost of bulk shafts, bulk feathers, bulk knocks and the time to put everything together.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
yepper............

own a grayling with straight and right helicle clamps. can do anything i need with it.

if you dont ................then youre at the mercy of retailers !!!

camoham

·
Registered
731 Posts
Its funny you should ask, I just refletched 5 of them today, for a 3D shoot this weekend! :thumbs_up

Like the others have said, it really saves money. You should learn, its not difficult at all!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I do everything but cut my own, and hopefully I'll be able to do it myself soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i do it myself and im only 14.....

i tought myself how to do it basically when i was 12 and always enjoy doing it, its a good hobby to have. i really like doing them myself.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If I had to pay to re-fletch my arrows, I'd be broke.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Yea I do all my own,and my dads,brothers,nephews and buddies....
I enjoy it, and it saves us all a few bucks a year....... :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't want to change the thread, but what are some of the fletching jigs you fellers use. I want to fletch my own but don't know for sure what to look for in a quality jig. I've really been considering getting a Bitzenberger. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts