Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AM35 pulling 70 lbs, with a 100 grain head. Shooting Easton A/C/C's 3-60's. I'm thinking I need the 3-49's. Thoughts?

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
no way you are overspined, unless you have an overdraw with an 18" arrow :wink:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I would say a .400 spine arrow would only work for you with a 26" or shorter shaft and 75 grain head. Otherwise, you need a .340 spine

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot some key specs.....DL is 27 and the actual arrow shaft length is 26 1/2 inches. That's not measuring the uni bushing, or the insert....just the shaft itself.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as I suspected.....way stiff.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I think the 3-60's should shoot pretty well for you, especially with broadheads. I'm using 3-60s, 28" [email protected]#. Assuming you are using a release, I think it's pretty tough to be over-spined and easy to be under-spined.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the 3-60's should shoot pretty well for you, especially with broadheads. I'm using 3-60s, 28" [email protected]#. Assuming you are using a release, I think it's pretty tough to be over-spined and easy to be under-spined.
According to On Target 2 I'm way stiff when inputting my specs. Not sure if I should bite the bullet and get some 3/49's, or keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
According to On Target 2 I'm way stiff when inputting my specs. Not sure if I should bite the bullet and get some 3/49's, or keep on keeping on.
You are not WAY stiff with the 3-60. In TAP blue to blue will tune fine. The 3-49 would be ok too, but you are fine where you are. If you feel the need, by all means spend the cash, but I don't think you will see enough of an improvement to warrant it. 3-60 is top triangle 3-49 is bottom

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tony,

Can I download & purchase the Pro version on your website, or is the program mailed to me on CD-Roms?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
unless I am doing something wrong.
You could use the shaft you have 150 grain points,and plastifletch max-23 vanes and be right on using OnTarget2!

But are you shooting a release or fingers ?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

I just plugged all your info in to my Archers Advantage program & you have it correct in your thinking you are over spined. The 3-60 Acc is a great arrow but I have shot those with my set up @ 70 lbs. 29 inch draw 27.5 to 28 inch arrow 100 grain tip. According to all your data you gave me you should be shooting the Acc Pro Hunter 3-90 o the Acc 3-49. Bottom line you are over spined right now with your currant set up. Just to give every one a heads up evan the guys @ Easton told me that there charts have been behind the last couple of years the guy I talked to a while back told me I was on the right track that I should buy Archers Advantage it is the best chart system out there @ thie time I bought it. Arkapigdiesel hope this helps you out you were on the right track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts