Votes: 45 68.2%
  • No, I try to remain scent free

Votes: 21 31.8%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always used the fresh earth scent wafers from HS and never had a bad problem with deer catching my scent. But this year I'm debating on going completely scent free or at least trying to. I'm just wondering what everyone else does.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've always used the fresh earth wafers too, but lately have been thinking about whats the point when its traveling the same course as your own scent.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Last year was my first year to go hunting with Scentlok and trying to be scent free, it is also one of the first years that I can remember that I didnt use the earth scents...this year I'm going to try and be as human scent free as poss/but I'm using the earth scent waffers........

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
earth scent wafers..............

when if first started bowhunting...................................

i used fox urines..............

then moved to raccoon.

my number of whitetail sightings dramatically increased when i started to use the hs scent eliminating system.

take that for what its worth.

camoham

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
A few years ago, I started using scent eliminating spray on me and all my equipment right before I go to my stand. I have seen many times deer cross my trail and they did nothing. I am a firm believer in this stuff. I use the Hunter Specialties brand but I'm sure any good name brand would do well.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think the cover scents just make them more cautious because they smell something unfimilar. Which puts them more on edge if there is any bit of humane smell mixed in they are gone.

I'm with the others about scent free products. They don't work perfectly but if you do everything possible from washing your clothes to spraying down before you go out it works pretty well.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
goatranch said:
A few years ago, I started using scent eliminating spray on me and all my equipment right before I go to my stand. I have seen many times deer cross my trail and they did nothing. I am a firm believer in this stuff. I use the Hunter Specialties brand but I'm sure any good name brand would do well.
I use the same and have never had a real problem with deer smelling me. Even before I used Scent Blocker.

·
Registered
190 Posts
White Lightning

Has anyone else used this stuff on their bow?
I did last year and when it dries it leaves the white stuff on your bow. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get it off? :confused:

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I use Scent Killer Autumn Formula, it's the scent killer and cover scent in one. I use this in conjunction with my scent free regimen and my Scent-Lok from head to toe and the deer have never even showed a slight interest in me, even the ones downwind don't catch a whiff.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I use a combination of Scent control and cover scents, mostly an earth scent or a little doe pee. I really don't use Doe-in-rut much anymore, as it has been overused in this area and seems to be more scaring to the deer than attracting them. I pretty much hide my scent and scout well.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Fresh Earth wafers all year and during the rut I use Doe Estrus wafers both from HS

·
Registered
249 Posts
Definitely use earth wafers and also throw in acorns and leaves from around my treestand. Doe pee also :shade:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts