Archery Talk Forum banner

Do you want a sliver or do you want a T3 Chunk?

• Sliver

Votes: 104 64.6%
  • T3 Chunk

Votes: 57 35.4%
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Do you want a sliver or do you want a T3 Chunk?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
the point of this ?

are you baiting for trolls with rages or cos G5 made the havoc ?

either way, i predict this getting AT nasty fast.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No point just saw the commercial and everytime I see it I laugh. Wondering how many are using t3s been thinking about a switch to them

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I bought a pack of T3 this year to try and hated them. It might be just me but I hate their spyder clips they are a pain.

·
Archery Addict
9,150 Posts
Never thought about switching to them. I laugh at the commercial anyhow. However, If anyone wanted to supplement my income by letting me use them and endorse them....I still don't think I would switch.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't know about the havoc until you posted that. Interesting that they made a two blade though

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take the little sliver that T-Bone talks about, here is a typical example of the " little sliver " left by a Rage 2 blade

Yea but tbones head fits through the t3 chunk...lol

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Watch out on T3's I've had 2 ferrels break one on a miss, one on a doe the was a great shot. Emailed them, they asked for pictures which I provided then they ignored me 4+ weeks and won't respond. All I asked for was 1 replacement head.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking about trying the montecs with a recurve might just use thunderheads though. I already have two.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been hesitant to switch to any three blade expandable

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I will stick to a machined steel head instead of their metal injected mold process. Here is a direct rib hit. About an inch of penetration. The MIM process is powdered steel, heated, compressed.:thumbs_do
IMG_20140128_175822_160.jpg

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Watch out on T3's I've had 2 ferrels break one on a miss, one on a doe the was a great shot. Emailed them, they asked for pictures which I provided then they ignored me 4+ weeks and won't respond. All I asked for was 1 replacement head.
Your not the only one, I along with many others had that happen as well. There are a lot of similar reports with G-5 heads. G-5's big claim of having steel ferrels are really just cast heads MIM as they call it, made from a really cheap powdered substance they call steel. About the same strength as cheap pot-metal, machined aluminum is much stronger.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will stick to a machined steel head instead of their metal injected mold process. Here is a direct rib hit. About an inch of penetration. The MIM process is powdered steel, heated, compressed.:thumbs_do
View attachment 1866288

Was this a t3

·
wolfey
4,059 Posts
View attachment 1866288
That's why I stopped shooting g5. Shot them for 5 years and new they're had to be heads that didn't snap in half or the blades break all the time.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I shot a T3 into my block target and it was destroyed afterwards, so now I'm buying rage heads. Why use a broadhead on an animal that can't even hold up to a broadhead target.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Your not the only one, I along with many others had that happen as well. There are a lot of similar reports with G-5 heads. G-5's big claim of having steel ferrels are really just cast heads MIM as they call it, made from a really cheap powdered substance they call steel. About the same strength as cheap pot-metal, machined aluminum is much stronger.
Yep I was more disappointed in their CS after they said they'd handle it... Here's mine

1 - 20 of 189 Posts