Archery Talk Forum banner

Do you wash your new camo?

991 Views 22 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  talon1961
Do you wash your new camo before wearing it in the feild or just spray it down good with Scent-away. What about a new Jacket?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Always. Got to get the new scent out of it!

· Registered
2,712 Posts
New Camo

Yep, wash at least twice with scent killer also run the extra rinse cycle then hang out on the line for atleast a week, rain or shine. Still spray down with scent killer before entering the timber.

· Registered
15,256 Posts
Most of the time yes I wash them in Dead Down Wind but a couple times I didnt have a washer avalible to me at the time so I just sprayed down real good with Dead Down Wind field spray and everything was fine

· Registered
385 Posts
I wash it all in earth scented detergent, dry outside, store in large plastic bags, and spray down after dressing outside the truck. Usually the same for older camo before the season unless they were stored in my cedar chest and then I just bag em and put em on.

· Registered
626 Posts
No such thing...........

YES, I wash everything in some good descent & UV killer soap.
There may be stuff (like Sport Wash) that will temporarily act as a UV "Duller", but there is no such thing as a UV "Killer". Once a fabric has been bombarded with UV Brighteners, those brighteners have bonded at the molecular level with said fabric and never the two shall part.

One can temporarily "dull" the UV brighters, but all you're really doing is just masking/dulling the UV brighteners for the short term. Within 2-3 weeks, if you don't RE-TREAT said clothing, you'll be glowing again at dawn/dusk as perceived by a deer's vision.

Before you buy any more camo clothing, go to Lowe's & spend $19 on a UV Black Light. Whenever you buy any more camo, when you get it home, shine the black light on it- if it glows, return it. Any camo made or sent to China after it has been made-has a VERY good chance of having UV brighteners bombarded into the material.

Rob

· Registered
2,313 Posts
Heck I dont wash my old camo just rinse it in scent free water and douse it with scent killer ( autum blends my fav.) hang it up for next hunt.hahaha

of course I wash it who wouldnt, dont you wash you street clothes before wearing them. If not buy a pair of jeans and then work in them youll get the blue leg disease.lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.