Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, after spending several hundred dollars on ultra warm hunting pants and jackets, do you ever wear them in the off season? For example, it -20* outside and you go out to shovel snow...do you wear your hunting jacket that's warmer than your regular winter attire, knowing you'll transfer your scent to it (Luke cologne, deodorant, or body soap) then wash it in a good scent free detergent before hunting in it.

Sorry for the stupid newb question but I'm just curious

·
Registered
28,099 Posts
For the most part, no. My hunting clothes are just that.....hunting clothes. The two things I may wear to shovel snow are my blaze orange mittens and orange knit cap if it's snowing or windy. Other than that, blaze orange and camo are not part of my wardrobe.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Yes, I do if its really cold out because I have to walk a long way from where I park my car to the school campus. I'm sure most people wouldn't since they worry about smell but I've never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
nope, when hunting season is over they get washed and put in a big plastic container until hunting season opens again

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
nope to costly to be wearing out in working conditions and I dont want to sweat in them

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't wear them for anything other than hunting purely for the fact that I'll get longer life out of them.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Nope, they're called hunting clothes for a reason.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,043 Posts
Long undies, yes. Outerwear, no. Generally, No camo or blaze wearing unless I'm hunting although I do have an old pair of camo coveralls I wear on the atv to plow snow in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My deer hunting stuff is for deer hunting.....but i do ocassionally use the rain gear, and I wear waterfowl clothing while fishing.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have done it in the past when it's realm friggin cold, but I bought new scentblocker camo last year and the go right in a plastic tote.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Did....once. Wife bought me a new jacket and a storage tote for Christmas (not the new scope a had hinted at). Won't make that mistake again....

·
Archery Addict
9,206 Posts
No, my hunting clothes only go into the woods during a hunt. I have plenty of other clothes to wear even if the weather gets cold and nasty out. My hunting clothing is too expensive and I'm to anal about controlling human odors that once laundered in scent free wash and dried w/ dirt scented dryer sheets, everything goes into a "huge" ziplok bag and then into my big plastic totes and stored in my cedar lined closet in the extra bedroom. I don't even put on my outer layers until I get into the woods.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Nope...just for hunting for me. They stay in a big plastic bag.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts