Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you gut your own game or do you have someone else do it. i gut mine but a man that lives next door says it makes him sick. so he gets me to gut it.

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
I gut all mine. I am highly allergic to deer hair though so I have to wear rubber gloves otherwise I am laying down next to the deer trying to breath.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
I've always gutted my own deer, and done a fair share for other hunters (mostly first timers). All part of the hunt.....:noidea:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I do all my own from hunt to grill its all me. Wouldnt have it any other way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I gut mine. This past season I was talking to my processor after I saw a sign at his shop for $25 to gut a deer. I asked him if people actually bring in ungutted deer and he said "you wouldn't believe how many people bring in deer not gutted" and he hates it, and I can say I don't blame him. If you are going to go out and kill a deer at least have the know how to gut the dang thing.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I do all mine and love every minute. It's not a chore to me. I usually even offer to gut everyone else's deer. I love using a sharp knife.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't trust anyone else to do it except my dad or uncle who passed away last year. If I'm gonna eat it I'm gonna gut it and made sure it's done right. I have done it for some of my younger cousins who didn't know how. It was their first deer. Next time they will have the knife and I'll be coaching.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I gut all mine. We record the live weight, gutted weight and pull the jaw bones on all the deer we kill on our property.

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Is that a serious question? I'd be embarrassed to ask someone to gut my deer.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I gut my own. Wouldn't have it any other way. It's all part of the hunt.

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Dude did you ever consider your neighbor was playing a joke on you??

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'll let anyone do it for me. I gag dry heaves. If I can get the wind in my face I can just about make it through with out adding to the gut pile. Have a couple of friends that are more then willing to help. They also enjoy the show while I'm doing it .

·
Registered
331 Posts
I gut all mine. I tried gutting my first deer 22 years ago when i was 7. My dad said you shoot them you gut them needless to say he had to help me, but I've been doing it since then.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i love gutting my own deer. it's part of the thrill of the hunt. along with processing and packaging it.

i've had one guy we huntED with that wouldn't gut his buck and barely even helped with the long drag out.

*disclaimer* i have no problem helping inexperienced hunters with gutting.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Gut it, skin it, process it, cook it, and eat it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts