Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
(aka lug nut)
49,609 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
All depends. If you want to buy everything, you're looking at $400-450. If you make your own draw boatd(easy) you can shave about $75 off that guesstimate. If you have the ability to build your own press as well, you can figure about $200 for both. Either way though if you live very far from your favorite pro shop, and if you make changes regularly you will pay for the equipment relatively quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
he ez green press under$500 and there is a after market draw board that mounts on it, the bowa bow constrictor also has a draw board you can purchase for it, and the time machine also has one. or you can build your own

·
(aka lug nut)
49,609 Posts
How much would quality, do your own, press and draw board equipment run?
http://www.rcrchery.com/last-chance-archery

Bowpress. Several choices, depending how deluxe you want to get. EZ Green is the most basic model.

If you have a bow with limb stops, then, the optional draw stop finger is a good idea. With the draw stop finger installed, you can leave the limb stop in position on your cam.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
I use a Bowmaster and parallel adapter which run about $55-75. I made my own draw board for about $45. Having a bow vise and levels to mount on the arrow and sting is useful. You will also need a set of torx or Allen wrenches depending on your bow. I also put loctite 242 on my bolts to ensure they don't come loose.

Note: The Bowmaster press may not be suitable for all bows and you have to be very careful going slow and checking often. I'm actually saving for an EZ green press.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
I paid around $600 for my EZ Green press and Archery Dezign draw board.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Around $400 for an ez green press and extra finger, and then DIY drawboard for around $30. Already had the bench to mount it on so just paid for the winch from Harbor Freight and 10" carriage bolt from Lowes.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,609 Posts
I would love to work on my stuff, but I'm to much of a chicken chit.
All of use AVERAGE joes started out chicken chit. Then, we get the first portable bow press and work really careful. Then, we screw up the first time, and figure it out. It gets easier. Then, after a really really long time, then, we save up and buy the first full size press. With a little help, nearly anyone can work on their own stuff. REally.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The EZ green bow press is said to be usable on most compound bows. Anyone with experience know what kind of bows wouldn’t work?

·
(aka lug nut)
49,609 Posts
The EZ green bow press is said to be usable on most compound bows. Anyone with experience know what kind of bows wouldn’t work?
The EZ Green or any fingertip linear press, needs a Hoyt approved LIMB adapter, to work on the new Hoyt past parallel limbs. Last Chance Archery makes a limb adapter that mounts the bow press, when working on the Hoyt UltraFlex limbs.

Attachments

·
(aka lug nut)
49,609 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
The EZ Green or any fingertip linear press, needs a Hoyt approved LIMB adapter, to work on the new Hoyt past parallel limbs. Last Chance Archery makes a limb adapter that mounts the bow press, when working on the Hoyt UltraFlex limbs.
So it probably works for all bowtechs, pse, or Mathews probably then? Just need new attachments for some hoyts? ThTs by bad considering I don’t know anyone who shoots a Hoyt nor do I.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,609 Posts
So it probably works for all bowtechs, pse, or Mathews probably then? Just need new attachments for some hoyts? ThTs by bad considering I don’t know anyone who shoots a Hoyt nor do I.
Mathews has this nice adapter built in on the limb tip. See the half moon cutout? Put the tip of the bowpress finger into the divot (half moon shape). This way, the bow press finger cannot slip off. The Unigram adapter for the Hoyt UltraFlex limbs (Hoyt past parallel limbs), works exactly the same way. The linear bow press finger, fits into the half moon shape (divot) of the adapter, so this way, the bow press finger cannot slip on the Hoyt past parallel limb.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts