Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here something i was thinkin about earlier today and thought it be fun and informative if everyone put in their 2 cents on the topic:

on your hunting property, do you have stand solely laid out for harvesting does and does only? and vice versa for bucks? if you do or dont lets hear y?

ill start off with my 2 cents: on my propery i hunt i have stands setup where i kno bucks are hanging out, and i have stands hung where i kno does hang out...but i wouldnt pass on a buck or doe if they came thru opposing stand locations...especially if i was lookin to fill the freezer...but once that rut gets goin its horn huntin only...til the late season...in a way i guess i have stands set up for each mainly because as we all kno...if you have a stand where does bed, feed, etc. the bucks will follow durin that amazing time of the year we all kno and love...

look forward to yalls input cheers:darkbeer:

·
74,535 Posts
I hunt where the does are

Come Nov the bucks will be there as well.

Early season I hunt the food source to find bucks.
DB

·
Registered
447 Posts
Come Nov the bucks will be there as well.

Early season I hunt the food source to find bucks.
DB
I agree.... come the rut I hunt the does, because that's where the bucks will be looking for a hot doe. Early season in my area I hunt heavy thickets(muture buck bedding areas) and white Oak groves, I'm lucky I have lots of them (the deers favorite acorn choice)

MY 2 Cents...

·
Registered
388 Posts
In Kentucky archery season starts this Sep. 7th. I have one stand that I will hunt opening day just so I know i will get a shot off. This gets me ready for the rest of the season. There are an abundance of does in this area anyway and I usually kill 2 does before I ever have my first buck sighting. I then move about 200 yds closer to the bedding area and then I start seeing bucks.

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
Actualy the doe hot spots/bedding ,and feeding areas are what I hunt to take mature bucks !.So I have a different piece of property I hunt for does than my favorite big buck woods.

Its a catch 22 in most areas .I found out several years ago If I killed my does off of thier hot spots then the buck hunting went down hill fast as the remaining does avoided the areas of doe kills.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
yeah i hunt the public land across the road for does. and my pvt. for bucks.........:darkbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts