Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at several of the arrow selection guides for proper spine but I don't see a calculation for increase/decrease of draw length when selecting proper spine. It would seem to me that a longer draw would require a stiffer spine due to the increase of the "power stroke". Vice versa for short draw shooters.
Aren't all these guides based on a universally set draw length? Do you just add/subtract a pound or two per inch? Maybe I'm just over-analyzing this like I do everything else!:confused:
Bowhunting.....another victim of my OCD!:boom:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I've seen where some of the guides have you add or subtract pounds for different drawlengths relative to 30" (I think).

Best bet would be to spend 14-25.00 on OnTraget2, then you can put your actual set up in there and do all kinds of different arrow setups that will produce a good final product.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Use Ontarget2 and you can model all the setup combinations accurately. get the free trial
Cheers
Peter

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Marty,

You are absolutely correct. Given a bow of a certain peak weight a person shooting a longer draw may very well need a stiffer arrow--just for the reason you state, longer power stroke. more stored energy.

It's not always a combination of the length of the arrow and bow weight. That's often why bow charts can't pick the right arrow for a certain setup.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe Eastons arrow selector takes into affect the draw length or at least the length of the arrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts