Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt in Ohio and in a county that allows only one deer per year...buck or doe. I've passed on does early the last two years waiting on a buck during the rut and ended up eating tag soup. Didn't have shots at does during the late season either. Would you rather shoot a doe early or take the chance on a buck? I'd have to find land to hunt in another county and drive the miles to take another deer. Secondly, what is your opinions on shooting does after the rut when your pretty sure they've been bred? Just wondering.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
If it's the meat that you're lookin' for then why wait on a buck at all??? Shoot the first Doe tha presents a solid shot op. Best of luck to ya this fall.

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
It really does not matter when you kill a doe, either before the rut or after she will not be having any fawns.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
That would be hard. I dont know what i would do if i only had one deer tag.
matt

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Like cornfed said...shoot the first deer you get a chance at then you got meat in the freezer and you can relax and wait on a buck. That's what I do every year.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Shoot does any day of the season and you're fine. It's meat in the freezer and one less doe in the breeding pool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts