Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
17,347 Posts
I have/had a lot of trail cams from them I used them and other cheap ones, due to ppl stealing them. But will say I personally have had a couple that stopped working after 2 years but have some still from 2008 that work. Since I switched to cell cams I gave away most of the trail cams but I do keep a couple around for bait to catch thieves

·
Huntoholic
1,722 Posts
Everyone seems to be focused on cameras, no pun intended, I have a few spin feeders from WGI that are fine for what they are and that is a lower end feeder. Like anything, if you take care of it you will get better service from it, I take my feeders down during the summer and service the motors and clean everything up, I do this because I found out the hard way the plastic drums don't really like UV rays.

I don't know why we do this, but we buy cheap stuff and if it doesn't last a lifetime or perform flawlessly we are pissed, cheap stuff rarely works as well or last as long as upper end products and as long as you know this on the front end you should be ok.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an older version of their trail-cam that's able to take time lapse images 1 min apart.
the optics are not very good but it allows me to scout clearcuts with ease.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've used 2 cameras and a feeder at one time. One camera would never write to the SD card. The other died after about 3 months. The feeder quit working after about 4 months. Still use the feeder but switched out all the electrical components (timer, spinner).

·
Registered
616 Posts
I sell hunting stuff at work. When the WGI cams came out originally they were trash. Now they at least work. I don’t see many more of theirs come back vs how many more we sell than any other of the main retail brands we sell. Either people have more realistic expectations of bargain cameras up here in Maine or they all get stolen. I guess maybe they just work fine. As far as everything else they make, I bet a lot of people on here have purchased one of their attractants at some point.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I sell hunting stuff at work. When the WGI cams came out originally they were trash. Now they at least work. I don’t see many more of theirs come back vs how many more we sell than any other of the main retail brands we sell. Either people have more realistic expectations of bargain cameras up here in Maine or they all get stolen. I guess maybe they just work fine. As far as everything else they make, I bet a lot of people on here have purchased one of their attractants at some point.
I don’t know anyone that uses the type of attractants they make for hunting

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Are you asking just WGI or anything else that family owns. They or company own big part of the outdoor world. Pretty tuff not have never used anything they are associated with

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are you asking just WGI or anything else that family owns. They or company own big part of the outdoor world. Pretty tuff not have never used anything they are associated with
The focus was WGI but if you like to share others your more than welcome.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
The focus was WGI but if you like to share others your more than welcome.
Let’s see I have used
Plano cases fish and hunting
Avian X
Tenzing packs
Ameristep blinds and stands
Zink duck calls
Frabill
Evolved harvest
WGI trail cams

·
Registered
15,828 Posts
I'm amazed by the $30 Tasco cameras so I don't use Wildgame.
I'm going to see if the Spypoint celllular link thing will work with them.
You would have a cell camera for $80 or so if it does!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Spypoint’s link cameras are $100. Spypoint Link with the solar panel and rechargeable battery is $150. That’s new, never used prices. I’ve seen them for $50-75 used. No adapters needed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Spypoint’s link cameras are $100. Spypoint Link with the solar panel and rechargeable battery is $150. That’s new, never used prices. I’ve seen them for $50-75 used. No adapters needed.
The cell link is just the adapter that you plug into the as card slot of a standard camera. They sell everyday price at $60 and you can usually get them on sale for $50. Great price for those with cameras that take good pictures already.

edit. Clearly misread your post. Assuming you know what the link is. My bad.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The cell link is just the adapter that you plug into the as card slot of a standard camera. They sell everyday price at $60 and you can usually get them on sale for $50. Great price for those with cameras that take good pictures already.

edit. Clearly misread your post. Assuming you know what the link is. My bad.
Yeah, i have two of them. They’ve been great. Thanks to this post i just found the security boxes on sale for $5 a piece at Academy. Haha

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
that would be pretty cool.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts