Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Should have bought one with that option. You could go to a hobby shop and get a stearing servo which is used in remote control vehicles and such. But for what it would cost for all the items needed go get another decoy.

· Registered
466 Posts
Should have bought one with that option. You could go to a hobby shop and get a stearing servo which is used in remote control vehicles and such.
That's what I would do. You can pick up something fairly cheap at WW and use that. Or, check out a few of the online RC bulletin boards (the only one I can think of of the top of my head is http://www.rccrawler.com ). There's BOUND to be a couple dozen folks with extra transmitters/receivers and a servo with a decent torque output.

If you look around, it could probably be done for 30-40 bucks (or less, depending...).

-WRM

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
i got an old 350 chevy motor, thats small, might get heavy if you have to got very far ....run the headers up like the horns (big 8 ) might want the tranny too that way you can run him up and down the field.
it smoked some so that smell will scare some away ,but the rest will come in.
h3ll might want to hook up a winch and some tow hooks to help drag'em out of the woods
forget it !!!!! i'm going to make one myself sorry 'bout that no motors here

· Registered
1,661 Posts
no motor required.

cut a tail off a deer you shot and pin it do the decoy, take a piece of fishing line and tie it to the end of the tail and sit in your treestand and pull the string.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Go to a craft shop and get a battery operated clock motor runs on a aa battery. Will not be remote controled but they only cost about 10 bucks and less than a $1 to run, some even have a shut off switch so you can stop it when you want.

· Registered
492 Posts
moving tail

Just a thought what I have done in the past was just to tie fishing line to the tail that way I could move it myself. Tie one end to a nut toss it into the tree I made a tail out of 1/4 plywood painted it brown & stapled old ripped up bedsheets to it that way it had the weight to drop when I let down on it. Didnt cost but a few cents and was legal in mi.

· Registered
2,581 Posts
i got an old 350 chevy motor, thats small, might get heavy if you have to got very far ....run the headers up like the horns (big 8 ) might want the tranny too that way you can run him up and down the field.
it smoked some so that smell will scare some away ,but the rest will come in.
h3ll might want to hook up a winch and some tow hooks to help drag'em out of the woods
forget it !!!!! i'm going to make one myself sorry 'bout that no motors here
LOL! Ya beat me to it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.