Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there use a Bodoodle style rest for spot shooting?? If not why.? I would think it would work much like the launchers I see on many target bow?? Just Currious.
Thanks
Cityboy

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Pro-lite

I use the Bo-doodle pro lite. This is in my opinion an awesome rest for any type of shooting.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I too use one!

I really like mine. But at the IBO Worlds at the Apine Binocular Booth (I think thats what it was) I was talking to a older gentleman with silver hair told me that Bodoodle is trying to sell their company. Now, I am not sure if this is whats going on but that is what he mentioned. He also said that he understood that Cobra was thinking of buying them out. Anybody hear this? Like I said, it was back in Aug. at the IBO Worlds.

James D.

·
Registered
134 Posts
CITY BOY

I shot a Bodoodle Bullet on my Ultra Max for the last five years for hunting, got incredable accuracy. I put a Game Dropper on my Icon for spots. So far it has given me 56 spots. I also shoot the Game Dropper on my new LX for hunting. It is a true drop away without all the block and tackle assembly. The rest is so forgiving, I can shoot my LX bare finger out to 25 yards. Impact is the same as with my release. That says a lot for the rest.

contractpelot :D

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Savage man

I talked to somebody at bodoodle last year when the game dropper came out. I believe it was the owner. He told me that the game dropper and the pro-lite were very much the same. The prolite is a standard launcher type rest. I really like the design, it cradles the arrow and is very quiet without any teflon stuff to wear out and replace. He told me that if you take the pro lite and set an arrow on it, release the spring tension until the prongs drop half way to the bottoming out point when the arrow is placed on the rest, this will give you a "drop away" rest. The two rests look very much alike and I called bo doodle to see what the difference was. That is what I was told. So basically, according to who I was talking to, the force of the arrow being shot pushes the prongs out of the way until the arrow clears. He told me that he figured this out almost 20 years ago. He wanted to put that in their ads. That they were the originators of the drop away, but decided against it. After seeing the mathews ads he's probably glad he made that decision.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally have not used a Bodoodle rest, but I can tell you that Chris Deston shot over 340 at 90meters at the NAA using one. For those wondering how good a score that is, he bested Dave Cousins and Braden Gallenthein (sp) at 90meters with those scores.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts