Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
my strings are florencent green and grey, the deer do not seem to mind.

J-

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yes it matters!!
Strings are made from a flavor scale. They are made from plant lignen and will keep the scent from the plants. The flavor scale below will explain:
Red-Cinammon or Apple
Black-Licorice
Green-Ivy
Brown-Oak
Flo Green-Brier
You get the point. That's why camo is so popular b/c they are from a more natural lignen.
In some states you can't use Red strings b/c it's considered baiting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got the red and black on mine and they are sharp. They certainly won't bother the deer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, who are some reputable string makers that will prevent peep twist? I'm pretty sure my factory string is about done. Also should you always replace the cables when you replace the strings? My research is leading me toward Winner strings.

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,283 Posts
If you have a pink bow (like Shemane Nugent) the deer won't notice your string color.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thanks for the replies, who are some reputable string makers that will prevent peep twist? I'm pretty sure my factory string is about done. Also should you always replace the cables when you replace the strings? My research is leading me toward Winner strings.
Vapor Trail are very good. I think there is a person on the forums who goes by crackerized or something similar.

·
AT Classifieds Addict
2,403 Posts
Yes it matters!!
Strings are made from a flavor scale. They are made from plant lignen and will keep the scent from the plants. The flavor scale below will explain:
Red-Cinammon or Apple
Black-Licorice
Green-Ivy
Brown-Oak
Flo Green-Brier
You get the point. That's why camo is so popular b/c they are from a more natural lignen.
Mine are red and grey, Cinammon and sugar. Taste great when you are at full draw and gives a great surprise release when I chew through them!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yes it matters!!
Red-Cinammon or Apple
Black-Licorice
Green-Ivy
Brown-Oak
Flo Green-Brier
I am switching my string to Ivy / Oak.... Seems like a good choice to me.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Whew...Red and Gray (cinnamon and sugar) are good choices IF there are no yellowjackets around. I was almost molested by several yellow jackets when I used a gray string. I learned my lesson. Never again.

·
Get out and shoot!
3,801 Posts
The only thing it will affect is the coolness factor....just don't make it cooler than mine!:cool:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine are black and brown- licorice and oak...the acorn scent of the oak strands lures in all the P&Y's in the area, which is how I kill them, I'm always at full draw tasting the licorice so just have to let the string go when they come in lookin for the eckerns.

·
Registered
820 Posts
:icon_1_lol: I hope he is not taking half of these posts with any legitimacy. That being said, turkeys DO see colors and movement easily, especially in a black blind background...So I try to use a dark string combo in the blind without netting. Seriously. Cheers, Dr. Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.