Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting things dipped and I need to know how much material that it adds per side so I know how big to make clearance holes. Anyone know an "exact" number...I was guessing about .0035 or so.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
CoolhandLuke said:
I am getting things dipped and I need to know how much material that it adds per side so I know how big to make clearance holes. Anyone know an "exact" number...I was guessing about .0035 or so.
Film dipping adds about .006 per side you are probably ok on your tolerances on your tapped holes i would not do anything with
Richard

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Hardwoods HD please. :D

Let me know when they are ready. :wink:

Your bore will definately have to be a tad larger. They put a base layer of paint on first.

·
Registered
403 Posts
CoolhandLuke said:
My engineering/manufacuturing experience building aircraft i would leave the holes undersized and then ream to full size after the dip, that way, the holes are to be sure the proper size. paint and any other coating won't buy you anything in the holes if they are filled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts