Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that it is very hard to get tungsten X10 points from Easton these days. (I'm not a dealer, so I have no way of knowing....) Is that true?

I recall that AeroJet was going to stop production of these points, but I thought that somebody else was producing them as an alternate supplier?

kgk

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mws65 said:
I'm not sure if they are or not. But Lancaster has them in there 03 04 catalog.
Yes, but at $180, if I recall. There are other people who list them for sale for $130, but I'm not sure if they can actually get any!

kgk

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TIGGAR said:
Whats the low down on a tungsten pont? I never heard of one
Tungsten is about two-and-a-half times as dense as steel, so the points are a lot smaller (for the same weight), and they're also good if you hit hard foam target butts.

There have been lots of threads about them on this forum.

kgk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Have you talked to some local machine shops to see what they would charge to make them

·
Registered
829 Posts
tunsten

I tried looking around at machine shops and was told that tungsten was rarer than rocking horse do do’s, all the tungsten has gone into munitions:confused:

·
Registered
713 Posts
That makes sense Goldshy. Though then that makes me wonder why is there no shortage on Tungsten rods for TIG welding. I can see if the local machine shops here in the Mid-west are under the same crunch as those up and down the coast lines. If not I will get them to shoot me a quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts