Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the arrow rest in a recent video. Surprised he's not running his nockon AAE rest. Is he moving his nock on rest to a QAD? Not sure if that's a known thing or not, but wasn't on his website. Seems like for the best though, the AAE rests aren't great.

Military camouflage Military person Military uniform Gesture Helmet

Video:

·
Registered
85 Posts
They unveiled a Nock On QAD at ATA this weekend. It's strange though, there's been no hype from Dudley about it. This is usually something he'd post a ton of content about.

Reactions: Prime#1

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
They unveiled a Nock On QAD at ATA this weekend. It's strange though, there's been no hype from Dudley about it. This is usually something he'd post a ton of content about.

Maybe he’s trying to be low key since he’ll have to eat so much crow over the comments he’s made about the qad cable driven design and why he doesn’t like it in the past?

D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe he’s trying to be low key since he’ll have to eat so much crow over the comments he’s made about the qad cable driven design and why he doesn’t like it in the past?

D
Bold Strategy, we'll see how that works out for him..

·
Registered
20,934 Posts
Money walks & BS talks, if making a living you usually go where the $$$ is even if have to eat a little CROW as the extra $$$ helps make it taste better. Same thing Levi did by going to Elite!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Bold Strategy, we'll see how that works out for him..
Just for kicks I went and looked, he hasn’t deleted all of his old podcasts where those comments are. Yet, lol…. I hope he doesn’t, there was a lot of great archery info in those early podcasts that guys might find helpful. I know I did, back before it became the podcast it is today. I’m not judging his current podcast format, it just isn’t my thing. I like the tech talk on shooting, gear, and hunting tactics that his podcast used to be.

D

·
Registered
PSE EVO NXT / Xpedition mx16
398 Posts
Im sure its nothing more than a licensing opportunity. I dont see the elevate series of rests getting nixed

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Just noticed the arrow rest in a recent video. Surprised he's not running his nockon AAE rest. Is he moving his nock on rest to a QAD? Not sure if that's a known thing or not, but wasn't on his website. Seems like for the best though, the AAE rests aren't great.

View attachment 7542438

Video:
DARN! I had a hoyt and had aae everything on it. Just bought the electric bike, I have a signed traeger grill by him and a huge banner over my bed....Now I gotta change everything to PSE and QAD...it is so hard to mimic celebs anymore :(

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
DARN! I had a hoyt and had aae everything on it. Just bought the electric bike, I have a signed traeger grill by him and a huge banner over my bed....Now I gotta change everything to PSE and QAD...it is so hard to mimic celebs anymore :(
The sad/funny part is that you’re describing more than a few real people right now lol…

D

·
Registered
7,511 Posts

D
Isn't the Nock On AAE rest cable driven too?

·
Registered
It's a Beautiful Day :)
15,463 Posts
QAD is probably better for hunting than AAE, with the arrow containment. Which works really well. AAE does performs excellent in Archery competitions.

I like Flipper rest for shooting barebow with fingers. They actually works surprisingly accurate for a very inexpensive arrow rest. One negative is the rest chews up my feather fletching.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts