Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
My .02. I respect nearly all archery personalities, they're amazing shots, good hunters, and they're love and promotion of the sport is definitely a positive. Most provide tons of free advice in hopes to get people involved and help people to improve.
I like watching product reviews but feel they would carry more merit if there wasn't hundreds of thousands of dollars attached. On the other hand without paid sponsorship very few of the pros would be able to survive. Tournament payoffs aren't that high sponsorship and contingencies are where they make their money.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Friend....you know too much about Dud....even through the tongue-in-cheek response. For a while I would not have even recognized him in a photo or video, but included ones like posts above have "educated" me on Dud-ism. Even more shocking is that Chuck Adams left Hoyt for Bear..... gasp....learned that on another AT thread. At this rate, AT is going to have to add a sub-forum for daytime "soap opera" plots.....and bowhunting celebrity sponsorship shifts.
It just goes to show you how wrapped up so many people are in others with celebrity status, even in the hunting world, and even as much as many of these people try to deny it and say they aren't.

·
Registered
44,987 Posts
I doubt that. He’s been more loyal than most.professional archers make a living. If you were making $100,000 and someone offered you $200,000 to use something that worked just as good, you’d stay with the $100,000 wouldn’t you? Rightttt. What’s the difference in an archer oushing product and getting paid than Lebrin James oushing sneakers for $800 that is no difference other than the name on them than the $120 pair of Nikes at Belks? Yet we buy them for our kids. What’s the difference in Carrhartt tee-shirt for $45 over thst brown tee shirt on the other side of the store other than the name? Yet we buy the $45 brown tee shirt. You , me and ever else here buy from advertisement whether from a person we know or a celebrity pushing it, everyday. Yet when it comes to an archer, especially one doing better than ourselves, we condemn because,” they do it for the money”. Find something worth complaining about, like this country going down the $&@“ter.
Wow. I never bought shoes because of a name. Or a 45$ tee shirt....guess I raised my kids wrong...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

·
Back Yard Champion
32,600 Posts
I shoot and use whatever I like. Yes, I like the information Pros hand out for free, but carefully about it. Being mortal has boundaries.....

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
4,020 Posts
I don't see why people throw off on guys in the industry for going where the money takes them. if any one of us was in that situation we would do the same thing that is their livelihood. i'd be loyal to the highest bidder!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't see why people throw off on guys in the industry for going where the money takes them. if any one of us was in that situation we would do the same thing that is their livelihood. i'd be loyal to the highest bidder!
I don't think it's so much that most of us blame them for taking the money, it's just that we see through the salesman BS and don't blindly buy into what they are selling because we know why they are selling that particular product.

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
4,020 Posts
I don't think it's so much that most of us blame them for taking the money, it's just that we see through the salesman BS and don't blindly buy into what they are selling because we know why they are selling that particular product.
yeah that's a good point, but to be fair it's their job to be like a used car salesman :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the video the OP posted gets me everytime. the fake crying overacting after he shoots the deer. just brutally bad. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
26,652 Posts
yeah that's a good point, but to be fair it's their job to be like a used car salesman :ROFLMAO:
To a degree yes, but when they bash on one product to assert another .....then end up accepting a sponsorship from the previously bashed company....that smells like a gym locker to many. While sitting in the woods, I've pondered the idea of whether I would give up my favored setup that has taken me a lot of testing to appreciate....for money and it is debatable. Maybe arrow shafts or vanes or BH or stab if similar quality ....but not my bow and rest especially. Those are integral and things that don't just give results...they are developed over time by consistency and confidence.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It’s fine if you switch bow companies for some money and you never said anything bad about the new companies bow designs in the past. I think nearly everyone gets that stuff.

This particular move is notably funny though because the archer moved to a product he’s been really vocal for years about not liking because of its fundamental design flaws (timing issues that can be difficult to sort out, can’t troubleshoot it in the field if something goes wrong, etc).

D

·
Registered
Mathews Atlas, Easton carbon arrows, Iron Will broad heads
7,890 Posts
I pay absolutely zero attention to what the celeb tv bow hunters shoot/use. It’s all about the money for them, but not necessarily an indication that what they’re using is the best or among the best. I’ll take what I learn here and the advice of my pro shop to decide what I will use.
And I have no problem with them getting paid to use a certain product, that’s what they do to make a living.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
10,110 Posts
You know it really doesn't matter if you love celebrity bow hunters/youtubers alike its your choice. You can buy into whatever you want even if its BS. Honestly, that is just the way of the world now and days. Shoot what you like, eat what you want and go where you want nobody is stopping your for the most part. But there are consequences to what you do and believe in and if your good with them do it.

Take the good they put out or what applies to you and is helpful and disregard the best because 100 people can love things and the 101 may hate the same thing.

They do help the sport and hurt it we are all humans and mess up all the time. When your on social media your going to be scrutinized for everything even if the majority of your choices are right. There really are some people that are just haters unfortunately. I see more help to the sport than bad we most of these guys and the majority of this scrutiny comes from the "hunting/outdoor brootherhood" more so from the outside world. We definitely hate on each other more than the outside world which is pretty sad.

And I don't think because you don't agree with something makes you wrong or right... Some people preach preach limb driven yet there are others that preach full containment cable driven no wrong or right its just preference. You want to ware walmart clothes and shirt and I want KUIU all good, doesn't make me a douche for using things I like or you a cheap skate for buying walmart stuff. Preference!

Levi Morgan for me is the worst he says in his videos I asked God to help me with this arrow and I won. So, what if all the other shooters say the same prayer? Are you saying God chooses you in preference? This doesn't have anything to do with your talent? So when you lose is it on God for not answering your prayer like last time? Geez the worst for me!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I appreciate some of the material Dudley put out early on, I feel I was able to take a lot away from that to improved my shooting in the absence of quality coaches or a good shooting scene in my area. I never cared what equipment he used and never mimicked him in that regard. To do so would be a waste of money that no one was making me spend.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You know it really doesn't matter if you love celebrity bow hunters/youtubers alike its your choice. You can buy into whatever you want even if its BS. Honestly, that is just the way of the world now and days. Shoot what you like, eat what you want and go where you want nobody is stopping your for the most part. But there are consequences to what you do and believe in and if your good with them do it.

Take the good they put out or what applies to you and is helpful and disregard the best because 100 people can love things and the 101 may hate the same thing.

They do help the sport and hurt it we are all humans and mess up all the time. When your on social media your going to be scrutinized for everything even if the majority of your choices are right. There really are some people that are just haters unfortunately. I see more help to the sport than bad we most of these guys and the majority of this scrutiny comes from the "hunting/outdoor brootherhood" more so from the outside world. We definitely hate on each other more than the outside world which is pretty sad.

And I don't think because you don't agree with something makes you wrong or right... Some people preach preach limb driven yet there are others that preach full containment cable driven no wrong or right its just preference. You want to ware walmart clothes and shirt and I want KUIU all good, doesn't make me a douche for using things I like or you a cheap skate for buying walmart stuff. Preference!

Levi Morgan for me is the worst he says in his videos I asked God to help me with this arrow and I won. So, what if all the other shooters say the same prayer? Are you saying God chooses you in preference? This doesn't have anything to do with your talent? So when you lose is it on God for not answering your prayer like last time? Geez the worst for me!
Nailed it here.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts