Archery Talk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
4,020 Posts
It’s fine if you switch bow companies for some money and you never said anything bad about the new companies bow designs in the past. I think nearly everyone gets that stuff.

This particular move is notably funny though because the archer moved to a product he’s been really vocal for years about not liking because of its fundamental design flaws (timing issues that can be difficult to sort out, can’t troubleshoot it in the field if something goes wrong, etc).

D
agreed, but still at the end of the day it means a bigger paycheck. speaking for myself, i would have done the same thing as Dudley

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sad/funny part is that you’re describing more than a few real people right now lol…

D
I don't ever say much but I haft to after reading what it's about. Pse will kick there self in the butt for bringing him into pse and giving him the rights to developing he's own brand of bows. Don't get me wrong he's a hell of archer but look how long he was with Hoyt, I mean once he's contract is up with Pse, I see him going back to Hoyt and then pse & Hoyt bows will be same in some aspects. Hope y'all get my drift lol

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
It’s fine if you switch bow companies for some money and you never said anything bad about the new companies bow designs in the past. I think nearly everyone gets that stuff.

This particular move is notably funny though because the archer moved to a product he’s been really vocal for years about not liking because of its fundamental design flaws (timing issues that can be difficult to sort out, can’t troubleshoot it in the field if something goes wrong, etc).

D
Maybe QAD addressed some of the issues he had with the rest and now doesn't mind using them.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
He'll shoot a flipper rest if they pay him more than anyone else does. Dud has quickly become the biggest shill in archery.
100% after leaving UA and Hoyt he became an infomercial.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
DARN! I had a hoyt and had aae everything on it. Just bought the electric bike, I have a signed traeger grill by him and a huge banner over my bed....Now I gotta change everything to PSE and QAD...it is so hard to mimic celebs anymore :(
you wearing the dudley duke's short range shorts?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Maybe QAD addressed some of the issues he had with the rest and now doesn't mind using them.
Those flaws that he harped on and I personally agree with having used a Limb Driven rest starting with the Muzzy Zero Effect and then the original Limbdriver which I have had the same one on my bow since 2010 are inherent with any cable driven rest since if the cord pulls out or breaks you can't fix it easily in the field. A limb driven rest does not have to be timed. Hell if the cord broke I am sure you could salvaged enough of the old cord to attach to the rest and tie a shoe lace to one end and the limb of the bow and it will work perfectly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
FDale, funny you should mention the Muzzy Zero Effect. I still am using one of those on my Hoyt and it is truly about as foolproof as any drop away rest could ever be. The only way it could fail is if the cable broke, but then your bow wouldn't function anyway. I always serve the cable where the rod attaches before I set it up, and it has survived several string/cable updates.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Zero effect, Barner inertia rest, magna drop, Vaportrail. Trophy taker. I have tried them all. The Hamskea hybrid pro is the best IMO. I never tried the QAD for the same reason I didn't like the trophy taker.trophy taker that
much.The extra tension on the bow cable and if the cord slips or stretches just the tiniest amount it really messes up the rest function. Not so much on a limb driven.

·
Registered
726 Posts
He said on IG today that there is a Nock On QAD coming. I use an AAE rest and it works well, but so have the 3 or 4 QAD rests I've had. I think that the market is saturated with good products. As long as you're not buying the cheap junk you really can't go wrong with any of it.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
How does it differ from standard model? I didn’t read thru all of this.
I want to adorn my new bow with all sorts of Nock Off On gizmos ☺

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
How does it differ from standard model? I didn’t read thru all of this.
I want to adorn my new bow with all sorts of Nock Off On gizmos
Why buy the nock on version? If there is such a thing.
It’ll just be a qad you can find on eBay for a hundo or less with a different marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I wouldn’t buy any version, undoubtedly good rests, just not my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Zero effect, Barner inertia rest, magna drop, Vaportrail. Trophy taker. I have tried them all. The Hamskea hybrid pro is the best IMO. I never tried the QAD for the same reason I didn't like the trophy taker.trophy taker that
much.The extra tension on the bow cable and if the cord slips or stretches just the tiniest amount it really messes up the rest function. Not so much on a limb driven.
I have never had a cord slip with a qad. I have seen people have to monkey with their limb driven rest cords though.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts