Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
has been that never was
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been one week since they cut on my wrist but my doctor still will not let me shoot my bow. He's making me wait until my followup appointment next Wednesday! Worst yet, my wife takes his side in the argument! :doh:

All these new toys and I can't do anything with any of them..

Evolution (hopefully will be back from Carters tomorrow with new spring)
New limbs on one BulletX
New strings on the other BulletX
New scope
Put some new fibers in a pin sight I've been cleaning up..

I think my Doctor is punishing me.. A long weekend and no shooting! :rant: :frusty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,101 Posts
Sorry about your luck man, but try to relax and get all caught up with stuff, you don't want to rush it, listen to the doc for your own good, good luck on healing up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,230 Posts
I think Dave 2 and I can both vouch for the crankiness while not being able to shoot...I cannot imagine the withdrawl I would go through if I couldnt shoot at least 5-6 days/week:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
JawsDad said:
It's been one week since they cut on my wrist but my doctor still will not let me shoot my bow. He's making me wait until my followup appointment next Wednesday! Worst yet, my wife takes his side in the argument! :doh:

All these new toys and I can't do anything with any of them..

Evolution (hopefully will be back from Carters tomorrow with new spring)
New limbs on one BulletX
New strings on the other BulletX
New scope
Put some new fibers in a pin sight I've been cleaning up..

I think my Doctor is punishing me.. A long weekend and no shooting! :rant: :frusty:

At one time it did but I just had 10 weeks off shooting after having a tumor removed from my hand with no withdrawals, I put it down to all the coaching I have been doing through Archery Fix, living others dreams I suppose.
I must admit that getting back into shooting is great I have done 3 five spot matches this week and it feels good and I didn’t drop a point and nothing under 50Xs I was starting to wonder if I could still shoot.
I do really feel for you it is the pits not shooting
Cheers:)
Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,758 Posts
does not shooting make me cranky?
YES!!!!
its just to enjoyable to not to. its like drinking with friends, its always fun. and it never happens enough.
 

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
Joined
·
23,094 Posts
Reply

JawsDad said:
It's been one week since they cut on my wrist but my doctor still will not let me shoot my bow. He's making me wait until my followup appointment next Wednesday! Worst yet, my wife takes his side in the argument! :doh:

All these new toys and I can't do anything with any of them..

Evolution (hopefully will be back from Carters tomorrow with new spring)
New limbs on one BulletX
New strings on the other BulletX
New scope
Put some new fibers in a pin sight I've been cleaning up..

I think my Doctor is punishing me.. A long weekend and no shooting! :rant: :frusty:
---------
Fletch some arrows,and just be glad you will again be able to shoot.

Well it has rained 2 days here and more rain in the for cast. Know how you feel couped up. If I miss a day shooting in my back yard.I go up the bananas:wink:
 

·
has been that never was
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unk Bond said:
---------
Fletch some arrows,and just be glad you will again be able to shoot.

Well it has rained 2 days here and more rain in the for cast. Know how you feel couped up. If I miss a day shooting in my back yard.I go up the bananas:wink:

Good idea.. Maybe I'll go buy me a fletcher and do that.. Nothing like stripping your shafts to get your mind of shooting... :bolt:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
I do/am!

I am cranky! Two weeks ago today I found a crack in my top limb. Sent my bow off to Crackers last week. The new limbs from Martin will be in next week and I should have my bow back by the following week. On the bright side I have organized my gear and fletched all mine and my buddys arrows that have been piling up. With the season opener 29 day's away I am getting anxious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
you guys try to have your bow stolen and not be able to shoot for 4 months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
bowhuntingkid14 said:
you guys try to have your bow stolen and not be able to shoot for 4 months
You win!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,927 Posts
I would and have been cranky if I can't shoot.
It's even worse if you have no bow in the house.A feeling of loss.
Terrible either way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
I have a "tennis elbow" thing going on with my draw arm, CRANKY aint the word for it! I let it rest for a few days last week, shot 30 arrows last friday, and, have picked my bow up since....PAIN sux! I can relate my friend! How stupid is it to actually buy a new release, and, new custom arrow wraps... not knowing if the bow will even be shot by me again!?! Waaaaaa!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Yes

I am waiting for some mini mods, my bow is apart, and I am cranky, I find I get almost as cranky when people don't answer my pm's.

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
I am cranky right now. Had to leave Dallas to work in Kansas City for a couple of weeks. I brought my bow but have only been able to shoot once in the last week. arrrrrggg
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top