Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard how ozonics can damage rubber boots, but my bow is covered in rubber dampers and noise reducers. Also, my main concern is the string and any of the components on it. Could any of these things be affected by using an ozonics in the treestand? Just looking for some insight or better yet, personal experience!

·
Banned
1,959 Posts
Come on man really? You think a ozone machine is going to suck the life out of your bow outside in the tree? The answer is no no it is not. Not trying to be mean but some questions I read blow me away it's common sense bud use your machine and worry about other things that matter enjoy your season

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those machines do nothing of importance....snake oil at a premium price. And no I see no reason it would hurt your bow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks so much, you guys have been so much help. If I wanted snide remarks and stupid opinions I could have found those myself. Obviously I don't aim it directly at my bow, but if I could control the wind, then I would need an ozonics, right? So if anyone has any info that could actually help with my question, I'd still like to hear from you, thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow thanks so much, you guys have been so much help. If I wanted snide remarks and stupid opinions I could have found those myself. Obviously I don't aim it directly at my bow, but if I could control the wind, then I would need an ozonics, right? So if anyone has any info that could actually help with my question, I'd still like to hear from you, thanks.
You can't control the wind but you can play it to your advantage. I've never heard of it harming a bow but heard it could possibly be harmful to you. Don't know that for sure though

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well, your welcome....You might consider calling the manufacturer and asking the question to them. Or you could consider that everything has a shelf life and can be affected by many environmental factors. Does adding an extra oxygen molecule to O2 cause faster degradation of rubber and other components after being swirled around with air that contains O2, nitrogen, CO2, your human skin and hair slough, etc.....I see no scientific evidence to suggest that. Considering that I also see no reason to suggest that a deer will not smell you either....but that's just my stupid opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts