Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out my big bottle of scent killer from 2 years ago and i noticed it had an expiration date on it..is that possible that it could go bad or become un-effective?

·
Ya hey
1,437 Posts
Sure it will go bad. Just how long that will take depends on what's in the formula and the storage conditions. I'd pitch it and get some new stuff.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I would say if it is two years old, you might ought to go buy some new stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
IT Goes bad, especially if its in a hot area. its a good idea to put it and any deer scents in a ziploc and place in the back of the refrigerator.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I make sure to use up all of mine the following year. I dont think two year old would be as effective but then again I dont have any evidence of that....

·
Registered
768 Posts
The one thing that will deplete the effectiveness of scent eliminators is the Sun. Keep them out of direct sunlight and away from hot temperatures.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I couldn't imagine having any leftover from two seasons ago!!!

I use the stuff like crazy before the hunt on all my gear....during the hunt on myself periodically....and after the hunt on my stand.

I have carried over a small amount from the last hunt to the next season.

This year is gonna be different, I suspect....I currently have a batch of "HomeBrew" scent killer mixed up and gassing off. I'll be using it on next weeks hunts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Test it

You can test its effectiveness by squirting a bit of one of your deer scents (doe urine, eg) into a cup (or some other surface) and then squirt on some of your scent killer. It should remove the scent immediately and essentially completely.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts