Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Yes
On the Xpedite I just did a comparison with actual chrono speeds a couple weeks back for someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
FWIW Just ran my evolve 35 through the chrono at 60.75lbs with a 340gr arrow. Fl mods

29” 318-320fps
26” 286-288fps

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank’s for the reply’s, I’m at 25.5 so that’s good to know, was just curious because some of the ones I’ve shot lose a lot of speed at the lower lengths.

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
Shooting my Evolve 31 at 26"draw 52# and getting 244 fps with my set up. Happy as punch. But honestly I never ever concern myself with speed. If the bow feels good, and I can hit what I want speed to me is a small by product. It is what it is.

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Here are some arrow speeds with different arrow weight. Nothing was tuned. Evolve 31 in H post it was around 65 lbs. I don’t remember

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank’s looks like it holds its efficiency really good, it should be that way with all the different models that have the evolve cam too.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
Thank you Shane. Need to shoot that Expedite asap. That BH does not scare the alligator arms army! Lol
Exactly!

Thank’s for the reply’s, I’m at 25.5 so that’s good to know, was just curious because some of the ones I’ve shot lose a lot of speed at the lower lengths.
It is so much better than it was jsut 8 years ago. There were only a small handfull of bows that performed up to their advertised high performnace specs with a short draw length and decent draw weight. Now most manufacturers have at least one high performance short draw bow.

Thank’s looks like it holds its efficiency really good, it should be that way with all the different models that have the evolve cam too.
If at all possible I'd avoid a bow where your draw length is the bow's minimum.

The PerformX 3D with the smaller Evolve cam has very good speed (for a target bow) at 26". It is listed at going down to 24.5" and I know 25" will shoot very well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts