Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a bow that meets ALL of the following specs?

1) Deflex Riser
2) 37"-38" Axel to Axel
3) At least 7" Brace Height
4) Twin Cam
5) 24" AMO (22 1/4" True Draw) with cams in proper postion
6) Carbon Limbs
7) 40 Pound Max Draw Weight
8) 70-75% Let off

Do any of the European or Custom bow builders offer a bow like this? Any leads would be welcome.
Thanks,
Jbird

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Hoyt Protec XT3000 or Ultratec XT3000 with accuwheels just let off is 65%. The Protec 8 1/8" brace height and 40 5/8" ata with a 23"-25" draw. Ultratec has 7" brace height 41.5 ata and a 22"-24" draw.

S

·
0 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind that Dave Barnsdale could make that for you

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
An accuriser has the grip in front so it's like a deflex riser with the grip in front the limbs. One could be made to those specs.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Just built one!

Hey Jay, Dave just built one for a Lady that was shooting a Phantom Fury/ x but couldn't get it short enough for her. Just pick up the phone He'd love to do "another" project! :p Ken

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already Talked to Dave

He told me that he will have to have some different angle limb pockets to build the shorter A to A, short draw bows and that his machinest who was to make them has gotten tied up on another long term project. Doesn't know when the limb pockets will be available. So....I'm just wondering if ANYONE already offers the above described bow. Merlin, PSE, Martin, Hoyt and the other large premium manufacturers don't offer anything like it. Alt. Sporting Services offers a Ladies bow that while not deflex is only slightly reflexed or neutral. Don't know anything about the quality of their cams and limbs. Arco Sport makes a bow called a Diablo in this draw range, but no pictures or specs to be found. Green Horn may build a bow like this but trying to find someone to ask is next to impossible.
Jbird

·
superdiablo
561 Posts
Try O.K. bows from Germany, a small archery company with true quality and honestity, not just beautiful catalogues and a lot of marketing to put the attention on; instead , top quality and the tighter building tolerances known.
www.ok-archery.de
Good luck, let us know if you finally are tempted by a German!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Call CSS Archery they can custom build the bow you want. For more info call 1-866-438-4478 after 3:00PM Indiana time.;)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
JBird,
get in contact with Darren M. I believe he is shooting a Martin Tracer Elite that meets all of these specs. The only question would be if it would go short enough. I'm sure he can give you more info!

Good luck,
--Mike

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crowemangnon Man!

The closest thing to what I am looking for so far, is the link suggested by Superdiablo. That Sirius 4 looks like the ticket at first glance. I have seen one of the Tracers in at a Martin Dealer in camo and it looked really sharp. Didn't know you could get it with the Elite Limbs. I will have to check this out with Darrin. Of course it's not deflex and what I am looking for is an indoor bow.
She is shooting a cool looking Phantom with straight limbs and 000 Fury Cams outside right now pending the way things turn out with her Max 3000 draw length problem. The Phantom is also over rotated to get her 24" AMO draw but at least it has some letoff and shoots good.
Jbird

Anyone else know of any short draw DEFLEX bows??????

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
The beast exists! At least a close proximity to it does. I do not have the specs here at the office, but I will get it off the **** balls and measure it out for all to see. It is a blue Tracer with XRG limbs and Fury cams. The true draw is around 25". I shot the bow in Vegas this year. Please do not hold that against the bow.......... All operator error this past year :(

I will post the specs tomm I promise. DCM

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
Interesting..... The admin edited the word ****. Don't know why????????

Hmmmmm.....edited it without balls behind it. It is the butterfly looking bug that is attracted to light.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stash

Those old Hoyts are nice bows but no letoff and the riser on a Super Star weighs 13 pounds. LOL This would be a little heavier than she prefers.
Jbird

·
Registered
713 Posts
DarrinM said:
Interesting..... The admin edited the word ****. Don't know why????????

Hmmmmm.....edited it without balls behind it. It is the butterfly looking bug that is attracted to light.
Hey Darrin,

You are not the only one wondering. They won't let any one use the word mother in chat room either.

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
Here it is.......
A to A= 37 1/4
Brace= 7 7/8
Draw= 24 7/8 (true draw)
Reg Fury 65% cam size 00
XRG limbs.

Going to the longer A to A you desire and cutting the brace a bit may give you a 1/2 to 3/4 inch. That with 000 cams would be in the 23 inch range. Hope that helps a little. DCM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts