Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad recently put some spiral X cam up for sale and a guy said that his friend needed some spiral X cams and wanted to know if i wanted to trade with him. so i said sure. he gave me his phone # and we talked and decided to trade. and today i recieved a call saying that the cams are bent and i know they were not when i sent them out(thank god for insurance) and that thery are not the new spiral X cams and i know they are.

so i call and ask for a picture to see if the cams were bent. so i could see if it really was bent and he says "i am sorry i have already boxed them up and am on my way to the post offic"

while 15 min earler he sayed that he was going to send them out tomarow>

do yall think that he is trying to rip my dad off?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Sounds like it maybe there are a few peoe on hear that start out stand up guys and then just junk out in the mddle of the deal or right after it's done

·
Registered
15,526 Posts
I guess you will know when they show up back at your house.

Unless HE bent them prior to sending them back?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You'll know when you get the cams back. If they aren't the same ones you sent out, then the guy is trying to pull a fast one. Seems like alot of trouble to go through for not much reward though.

Hopefully your Dad didn't send the ones he got in the trade back before he got the spirals returned.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Maybe he had a set of bent cams and now he has some straight cams. Who knows. Were there any marks on your dads cams so that you can identify them?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will know them when i see them

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
maybe he had a set of bent cams and now he has some straight cams. Who knows. Were there any marks on your dads cams so that you can identify them?
x-2

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
It's a good idea to take a few pictures of whatever you are selling prior to shipping them out.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trick us once shame on you

trick us twice shame on us

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Was this through the classifieds here? Be sure to leave feedback on the user once you determine what happened.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I had this happen with a set of regular cam .5s guy must have droppde his bow or something and had a big huge bur and flat spots on one cam and I sent him a brand new set of cam .5s and he wrote me saying they werent new and that i lied and sent them back to me and I get a set of cams back in an open package and you can see the string wax in the grooves and the bur and flat spots.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do yall think that we otta w8t till my cams come in and then send him his cams just to cover our hides

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no i am not 100% sure they were not bent i am 110% sure they were not bent

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ttt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts