Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see, Hoyt's have finish issues, Bowtech's have finish issues, Mathews have limb turret issues, Elite has cam lean issues, Athens have cam lean issues, PSE has cam lean issues & popping/creaking sounds, Martin/Rytera has limb issues, K&K has more issues than I care to type, Strother has tuning issues with the hybrids, I dont think anyone really owns a NBA cause I never hear of issues with them, lol...
So doesnt anybody build anything that doesnt have issues anymore???? I remember back in the day when we used to buy a bow, throw a rest & sights on it and shoot the poop out of it with no issues.....Whatever happened to the good old days????

And it seems obvious that I cant spell "sold in the subject was supposed to be solid"....Guess I have issues too.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
If A/T would have been around "Back in the Day" there would have been issues!! That's when the "Berger Hole" was actually used for more than just to look at your arrow shaft as it crosses over the riser.

·
Socket Man
23,804 Posts
It is how you look at the world man, I am on my third set of limbs and my second set of cams on my guardian and maybe the 4th set of strings. I love that bow and don't see my issues as problems just part of it. I guess if I was like my brother and only shot once to see if the pins were still ok just before bow season I wouldn't break stuff but I shoot a hour or two a day.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Maybe because back in the day we didn't shoot arrows that were 5 grains per pound of draw weight and the bow makers weren't trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of bows. Now the limbs and cams are thinner, arrows are lighter, short ata with much steeper string angles. All of these things combined are hard on equipment IMO.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
I crack and creek some too JD

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think its due to the fact that most bow companies are so busy trying to be the first one out with the next "big thing" and that the limits are being pushed so far and the long term actual testing goes out the window. Everything is now tested on computers rather than in real life. The consumer is now the testing machine. I see this a lot in the snowmobile industry also. Every new model that comes out seems to have some type of bugs. Some are bigger than others but I dont think when you buy a new bow or sled that there should be any problems with it. That stuff should be worked out before being released.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
IF a manufacturer produced a bow, with no issues whatsoever, it would be the only bow sold in the market. Additionally, it would have to be shot by a robot, not a human, to be issue free. Nothing in life is issue free. Just ask my wife! LOL!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I crack and creek some too JD
I am almost 68, still have my Whitetail hunter bow, along with a Z7,DS2800 and DS3800. So I might be old creek and crack too but, I still hunt and shoot a lot just like my old Whitetail hunter does. LOL Later, Jerry

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sarcasm boys...I was just saying that all we hear about on here is problems. This aint my first rodeo, I ignore it for the most part but it could make a new person rip their hair out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Let's see, Hoyt's have finish issues, Bowtech's have finish issues, Mathews have limb turret issues, Elite has cam lean issues, Athens have cam lean issues, PSE has cam lean issues & popping/creaking sounds, Martin/Rytera has limb issues, K&K has more issues than I care to type, Strother has tuning issues with the hybrids, I dont think anyone really owns a NBA cause I never hear of issues with them, lol...
So doesnt anybody build anything that doesnt have issues anymore???? I remember back in the day when we used to buy a bow, throw a rest & sights on it and shoot the poop out of it with no issues.....Whatever happened to the good old days????

And it seems obvious that I cant spell "sold in the subject was supposed to be solid"....Guess I have issues too.

???

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why the ???, people complain about everything so I had to throw Athens in there too....If every other company on the planet can be griped about on here so can they...Oh and I shot for them for a couple years and still have alot of close friends on Athens staff...Just making a point.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
For me, its not so much the actual problems as it is how the manufacturers choose to handle those problems that come up. Some pass, and theres one that fails badly.

I would like to see some of them slow down a little bit and put more thought into their bows before putting them out the door for us to do the testing for them.

·
All in the Reflexes
3,080 Posts

Simplicity.....a thing of the past.....:wink:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I got 2 words for you Ben Pearson!!!! they are great if you havent tried one you don't know what your missing

·
Registered
879 Posts
just called hoyt today for my brother he has an older ulter elite it had broken limbs sent it in got the new ones back <our local dealer gave us a axle and bushing kit> the yok axle wasnt close brought it back he told me oh they made two limbs that year yours was wider<NOT XT 2000 ARE XT 2000> i called hoyt today just to ask what spacers go where ans cant talk to a tec go to a dealer! thanks anybody know the correct spacing i shoot new breeds it unbelieveabel if you have a question with these bows you will get an answer

·
Registered *******
1,281 Posts
Two New Breeds, No trouble whatsoever, smooth-smooth-smooth...

CS second to none!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

CS second to none!
Don't take offense to this. Just something that always makes me laugh.

If the product is so good and you've had no trouble or issues what so ever then how do you know their Customer Service is so good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts

Recurve with Z3 cams..All im saying bro

CS second to none!
Don't take offense to this. Just something that always makes me laugh.

If the product is so good and you've had no trouble or issues what so ever then how do you know their Customer Service is so good?

He makes a very good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts