Archery Talk Forum banner

Don Higgins '220 shot at 7 yards' Video

14157 Views 253 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  Bbd16
Im friends with Don on Facebook and this video showed up this morning on my page . Great video ! Im not sure how to post it , if someone can go to Youtube and post the video it will be greatly appreciated .
101 - 120 of 254 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
I know.

He’s been arrested for tresspassing.
He was issued a citation. In case anyone would like to read about this I'll post a link. It's a tragic story of property dispute and jealousy over the recovery of a giant buck that he killed. The recovery took place in an area that was never surveyed. The government returned the antlers to him after the investigation if that tells you anything.

· Banned
349 Posts
He was issued a citation. In case anyone would like to read about this I'll post a link. It's a tragic story of property dispute and jealousy over the recovery of a giant buck that he killed. The recovery took place in an area that was never surveyed. The government returned the antlers to him after the investigation if that tells you anything.

Correct. All law abiding hunters should be afforded the right to recover legally shot animals. As long as it doesn’t interfere with landowners activities.

· Banned
3,861 Posts
Facts are something only mech head shooters try to refute. Carry on. This isn't about you and the mech head crowd. It is about the buck Don Killed. Start another whining thread about mech heads.
Iv shot IWs for a few years they are great but went back to Rage I personally believe they are better for whitetails the blood trails are no comparison better with Rage. The benefits outweigh the negative with good mechs. As for Don some like him some don’t his personality and letting people get to him encourage detractors same reason people troll online the fact he talks abt the guy who got him mad encourages people to say things to get him mad. My first impression of Don was a bit arrogant but over time I have grown to become a fan.

· Banned
3,861 Posts
His farm has no woods around it. He owns the woods and habitat and provides all they need to hold them in that one section. He is borderline on the prairie really. Not much woods around him but lots of draInage ditches fence rows and cattle pastures. A few small woodlots within a bucks range if they decide to roam. He is in east central Il. I believe he owns less than 150 acres there and lives on it as well. He has spent years perfecting it and has the habitat/security to hold them. Plus plenty of food.
His farm does have woods he does not own on both sides it basically a river drainage actually quite small the deer come and go often.

· Registered
2,117 Posts
When I saw the title my first thought was "well this oughta be a s*** show"!
It didn't disappoint.
If anyone is interested I believe Higgins writes a monthly article in our local hunting and fishing paper 'Adventure Sports Outdoors'
They're are some dandy Bucks killed every year in that general area, but for many years now most of the chatter revolves around the counties East of there.

101 - 120 of 254 Posts