Archery Talk Forum banner

Don Higgins '220 shot at 7 yards' Video

14049 253
Im friends with Don on Facebook and this video showed up this morning on my page . Great video ! Im not sure how to post it , if someone can go to Youtube and post the video it will be greatly appreciated .
121 - 140 of 254 Posts

· Registered
2,450 Posts
Patriots need to do their research too.
I just think they take it to far. I mean an extra catfish! Wish they'd catch they guys shining deer at nite. I know a guy who got a ticket for cutting some small trees for a shooting lane. This was on government land. 2wks later the same forest service announced that anyone could cut a Christmas tree on them because of covid!

· Registered
15 Posts
They have to have a search warrant just like any other law enforcement agency. They may act like they are judge and jury but don't buy it. If they ask to look inside your boat,vehicle or whatever you are driving tell them no and see what they do.

· audentes fortuna iuvat
21,463 Posts
It's always best to get a warrant but not always required...

A. General Rule. If probable cause is present, Service officers may immediately search for and seize evidence that they reasonably believe will be destroyed or removed to another location before they can secure a search warrant. The Supreme Court recognized that law enforcement officers encounter such exigent circumstances and ruled that where probable cause exists, warrantless searches are necessary to prevent the loss of evidence.

· Registered
16,320 Posts
It's always best to get a warrant but not always required...

A. General Rule. If probable cause is present, Service officers may immediately search for and seize evidence that they reasonably believe will be destroyed or removed to another location before they can secure a search warrant. The Supreme Court recognized that law enforcement officers encounter such exigent circumstances and ruled that where probable cause exists, warrantless searches are necessary to prevent the loss of evidence.

There you go, Spike. Right from a retired LEO, PC is required, just like always.

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
I enjoyed the video as well. I thought it was very well done.

I know nothing about him but after taking a look at his property and seeing where it’s located I say it’s even more impressive that he can have the results of shooting 200” deer.

He has more like only 50-60 acres of actual huntable ground on his farm. Looks to be the only block of timber in thousands of acres though. I’d be very interested to hear He how he’s improved his ground over the years to have what he has now.

121 - 140 of 254 Posts