Archery Talk Forum banner

Don Higgins '220 shot at 7 yards' Video

14160 Views 253 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  Bbd16
Im friends with Don on Facebook and this video showed up this morning on my page . Great video ! Im not sure how to post it , if someone can go to Youtube and post the video it will be greatly appreciated .
141 - 160 of 254 Posts

· Banned
196 Posts
Please post them. Hopefully they aren’t lost.

And not pics of his captive deer. We want clear proof of your accusation that he is hunting high fenced deer. Otherwise, you should be banned for slander.
His farm has a high fence surrounding most if not all the wooded areas the side with open ag is not fenced so technically it’s not a high fence farm but the high fence significantly modified natural movement. His farm is an island of cover surrounded by miles of open fields with a high fence covering a large portion altering movement. I have no agenda it’s just a fact not slander.

· Banned
196 Posts
If I remember correctly Don is pretty open about once having a herd of fenced in deer but I also dont believe he killed any of those bucks because of it.
He is also semi open about the fence bordering the neighboring property meaning he does not hide if asked because its huge and not easily hidden but he also does not highlight it. This fence directly effects deer movement making the only logical exit from the bedding into his property not away. I’m not going to go as far as to say it’s equivalent to a high fence because they can leave the property but it also can’t be hidden that a huge portion of this farm has a high fence around it not associated with the penned deer.

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
His farm has a high fence surrounding most if not all the wooded areas the side with open ag is not fenced so technically it’s not a high fence farm but the high fence significantly modified natural movement. His farm is an island of cover surrounded by miles of open fields with a high fence covering a large portion altering movement. I have no agenda it’s just a fact not slander.
You insinuated he was hunting inside a fence. Now you are backpedaling. That he owns cover in midst of ag isn’t relevant to the accusations you were insinuating.

Ban this troll.

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
I’m not insinuating anything I was stating facts you inferred what you want. Yes let’s ban someone for saying something that is true! Clown world we live in.
You’re now claiming this quote is not an insinuation?

A good portion of that farm has a high fence around it!
Clown world? Yeah because people think it’s OK to smear character.

· Banned
196 Posts
You’re now claiming this quote is not an insinuation?

Clown world? Yeah because people think it’s OK to smear character.
Tell me what is not factual? I could care less about the guys character but a good portion of his farm has a high fence. I’d hunt it with no reservation and be proud of my bucks like he is but call a spade a spade. Sorry I hit a nerve if the dude is your buddy.

· Registered
1,867 Posts
A good portion of that farm has a high fence around it!
Inferring and insinuating aside.... Who asked about a high fence? While i didn't go back and read every word of all 8 pages, I couldn't find where anyone asked about there being a "high fence" or not so why even bring it up? Since it was never discussed one way or the other, it's pretty easy to see why some would think you were insinuating and even implying that a high fence was involved in Don's hunting. Unsolicited information usually comes about for a specific reason/purpose. You say you weren't insinuating or implying such a thing so I'd love for you to help us understand what the purpose was of you posting about Don's farm having a "high fence" around "a good portion" of it.

141 - 160 of 254 Posts