Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lowered expectations
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many threads here blaming Asian manufacturers for shoddy goods and lost manufacturing jobs.

I just wanted to remind people what you probably already know, that it's not China or other countries in Asia to blame - it's the manufacturers who send the jobs there and insist on the lowest prices paid for the goods.

If something is cheaply made, it's because the factory has been instructed to produce it for a low price.

There are plenty of high quality goods being produced in Asian factories, but you have to pay a premium for them, just as you would for any better quality item. Just because it is "Made in China" does not necessarily mean it's junk, just as "Made in America" doesn't necessarily guarantee high quality.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The quality is 100x better than it was 10 years ago. Consumers shop with their wallet! China on track to be the #1 economy within a decade.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Well said, Stash. I get really tired of people always talking trash about good built in foreign countries, especially China. One of the things I get the biggest kick out of is these guys who think they're hardcore bikers and the ride Harley's because they're American made... Here's an idea. Go to the chrome wall next time you're in a Harley dealership. Nice quality chrome accessories indeed. Turn the package around...... "Made in Taiwan"

·
Registered
804 Posts
you have got to be kidding me, china lets the manufacturers infringe on copy rights, child labor, sweat shops, toxic lead in kids toys, not to mention all the trade violations.

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
don't blame them......blame the US govt. for allowing this to happen easier................
Free Trade my ass.....!

Our govt makes it easy and convienant for a business in the US to start production in china or elsewhere......theres tax incentives that the govt lends out......it's pretty effed up!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
A little known fact !

I'm not rich , like many here and I have to shop at Wally-World and have notice that lately that the monkeys of Indochina are making many of the fine products that I buy !

Nothing like well trained monkeys making the stuff that I need , at affordable prices ! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
161 Posts
We should not support China.
Well what are you going to do about it???? They could walk in and own your little country tommorow?????Think you could stop a billion people ?????:darkbeer:

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a whole bunch of blame to go around. First we have the EPA, DNR, OSHA and a host of big government organizations that make it almost impossible to make money in this country. Much easier to go elsewhere and be welcomed with open arms. Here is another example of how government gets in the way of jobs. In Wisconsin Gogebic mining company proposed an iron mine in northern Wisconsin. They worked with us for a year. Our new Governor pleaded so just one Democrat to vote for it. All refused with one republican refusing too. Gogebic mining up and left saying this state is too hard to work with. We could have had 600 union jobs and a thousand others jobs created to support the mine. This is the most depressed area of the state. Iron county, it lost 13% population in ten years. There is nothing up there. It was nothing else but not giving Scott Walker any credit. The union reps said "we can't give Walker this boost, it will help him on the recall". Many union members were furious. It's not like we never had a mine. The Ladysmith mine is an example. In 4 1/2 years this small mine produced 450,000 tons of iron ore, much was so pure it didn't even need refining. It produced 1.8 million tons of copper. 3.3 million ounces of silver and 334,000 ounces of gold. Politics before people got in the way and it hurts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts