1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United Airlines Says No to Antlers

Sportsmen Should Contact United Airlines and Urge Change in Policy
12/9/09

There is disturbing news for sportsmen looking to travel to hunting destinations with United Airlines. The airline has made a policy change that prohibits passengers from carrying on or checking antlers or animal horns of any kind. Sportsmen should contact the airline and voice their displeasure over this policy.

Pat Lefemine, the developer of the nation’s leading bow hunting website, www.bowsite.com, recently recounted a troubling story where a group of hunters were told at the United Airline ticket counter that they would not be allowed to bring their antlers back from Canada. This policy was not then nor is now well publicized. Finding out about it at an airline gate can cause numerous problems for sportsmen looking to go home with their trophies.

“I am deeply disheartened by this act,” said Lefemine. “I have already let our visitors know that they should consider alternate airlines until United drops this policy.”

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) is attempting to reach out to United Airlines to determine why this policy was enacted and to recommend that the policy be disbanded or significantly altered so as to not pose a burden upon American sportsmen.

“This decision reeks of anti-hunting bias or at the least, really bad judgment,” said Doug Jeanneret, USSA vice president of marketing. “United needs to drop this policy immediately, otherwise, sportsmen will have no choice but to let them know of their displeasure by seeking other airlines to support.”

The policy can be found by clicking here
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,1035,00.html

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I wont be flying united then

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
United just anounced that they are buying a crap-load of jets from the French Company "Air-Bus" instead of US based Boeing...... More US jobs down the drain. I would like to go to their Corp office and see if in fact their executives have submitted themselves for drug testing...... they appear to be on crack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts