Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got THREE Truball Xtreme...all three DEFECTIVE.

The first that I got was replaced...under Warranty replacement...Talon head opened at less than 20#....torned lips to me...

Truball.....claimed that they are reputable and successful but can not explain why the BRAND NEW release misfires at less than 20#...

TRUBALLS insist that they are BEST in release....but I have THREE releases .....all THREE defective.....

After TWICE torned lips.....will you use another TRUBALL./...

Do you still think that TRUBALLS is REliable, Professional and WORTH using???

THINK before you using a TRUBALLS!!!

D

·
0 Posts
npk...sorry for your torn lips...BUT!!

...drawing the bow in a proper manner would have helped you to eliminate the "torn lips" syndrome that many have experienced with "other" releases as well!!...

...TRU-BALL makes fine products and I doubt that they are defective as you say they are...

...of course "any release" is a mechanical device and PRONE to failure over time...

...my wife, daughter, son all use TRU-BALL and I wouldn't trust my family with just any old release...

...did you at ANY TIME make adjustments to the screw on any of these releases...this is where "most" problems with "premature release" happens with adjustable trigger releases...

...live long...heal well:) ...

>>>---DD-->;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck to you and your family

DONDEERE,

We checked and DOUBLE checked....I was like you...swear by Truball.

But after carefully setting up a BRAND new Truball release and misfire at less than 20#.......can you explain that??

I hope you are not paid by TRUBALLS to protect their UNPROFESSIONAL doings....

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
a top shooter in our club sent one back to trueball for repair. When it came back another well trained shooter had it misfire and cut his face. A second true ball opened (caliper head) and busted the tooth on one of our pros (1350 FITA ) shooter. TB claimed it was due to him using a "thin release loop rope"-the bcy release rope he actually used was as thick as a 12-14 strand 450+ string. It opened-the rope did not slip. TB claimed that using a rope loop on a caliper head violated the safety warning on the package-yet they won't tell us when they started putting that on the packages-this release was not new. I note that neither the cabela's catalogue nor LAS nor "the archery experts" catalogue contain that warning for their TB displays.

No one I know considers the BCY rope to be "thin" Since the release opened the thickness was immaterial anyway.

I have no use for this company. Unlike CARTER, they have made BS excuses over defective releases.
Stick to Scott, Carter or Fletcher

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us protect Archery

Jim C....thanks.....

I love Archery and hate to see ANYONE injuried shooting an arrow....

Guess some like Truball and Robvos love to ELIMINATE archery for GOOD!!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I've owned 8 T.R.U. Ball releases over the past 6 or 7 years and never had a single problem with them...

The one I'm shooting now is as least 5 yrs. old and not misfired once...

Question: Are you using a string loop or are you shooting the loop that came on the release?

If you're using a string loop, what material is it?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DONDEERE and ROBVOS

DONDEERE AND ROBVOS,

You prefer to read about the truth and try to make other looks silly.....wrong adjustment???

So, you are only guys STANDING on Earth that know the CORRECT adjustment....the rest are silly asses that do not even know how to use a release????

Go to a corner and think about what you have written!!!!

Be a MAN....be an archer

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Both!!!

Bowtech,

We tried both....

Initially we thought that the material(which NEVER failed on a Scotts release) was too thin.....we tried the ORIGINAL string that came with the Truball Talon head......the release fired before peak weight.....less than 20#!!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Just wondering. I've heard of them firing prematurely if you use a soft core material.

I know T.R.U. Ball recommends you use the Brownell material that they use, that's why they use it.

It seems like something else might be to blame other than 3 different releases...think about it...

·
Banned
636 Posts
Robvos,

I just did a search on NPK and found very few negative posts by this fellow, if you can come up with some proof of YOUR claim of slander please do.

As of now we have two people with similar stories about TB releases injuring shooters, one of which I and many others on AT respect for their knowledge of archery and the contribution to this site.

This kind of post is very helpful to the archery industry. If for instance TB didn't admit to a problem with it's product but went ahead and fixed it behind the scenes, would it make a post like this worth while? I know this would not be the best example of customer service we have seen, but if it keeps you or I from getting our teeth knocked out where's the harm?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will not do anything to SLANDER

Dear Bowtech,

Before I started this thread, I did all my homework.....I prefer to blame myself, for my shortcoming, before making a statement.

Two of the three releases just misfire, using the ORIGINAL Truball rope....the other has a WIDE gap between the Talon head and the cover....the jaws is rather wide when cocked.

I am not here to slander.....I am here to create the awareness of the danger of using an UN-reliable release...

·
74,535 Posts
Truball should take your claim very serious

I know a lawyer would if your injured as result of malfuncationing release.

·
Registered
300 Posts
A couple questions if I may???

What does the 20 lbs you are referring to? Draw weight I suppose?

I'd also like to know how exactly how the screw in the cocking bar was adjusted. I have been setting mine between 1/8 and 1/4 turn "out" or counterclockwise from the exact point at which it fires the release. This has worked well for me; so far that is. No prefires or busted lips (yet) and I really trust these releases. But, I recommend holding against the thumb trigger from the inside during the draw reguardless, not just keeping it off of it. But that is just me and I'm too pretty to mess my face up like that :eek: :cool:!

-Chief

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I have shot all brands of release over the years, from Hot shots, to failsafes, to carters, to stans, to truball. (and many I know I missed) All of them have worked well for me when using them, never a problem unless generated by myself.(got punched in the face a few times over the years, live and learn!LOL)

Unfortunately, I have seen posts over the years from those who have had trouble with each and every one of the aforementioned releases---face it, every manufacturer puts out a certain percentage of defects, no matter who they are.

I now shoot Truball exclusively and have had no problems whatsoever with any of the ones I own. I choose them simply because they offer the smoothest release and a rotating head---none of the rest have either of these features. Just my preference. Everyone else has their reasonings why they shoot what they do.

As stated, it is unfortunate that you have had problems npk, but much like what you stated about the Merlins when you had problems with them, not everyone sees things in the same light or finds the same issues. Voicing your opinion and troubles are definately warranted and we all appreciate them as food for thought, but realistically, if all truballs were "junk", they wouldn't still be in business to be honest.

I hope you find better luck with whichever other release you choose to try in the future. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
DB-that's what it may take-4K in dental bills. When my wife was injured by a carter-carter knew I was an attorney and still admitted fault-given that we had sent the release to him, we trusted he would do the right thing (rather than cover it up) and HE DID> I don't believe in suing archery companies unless there is no possible other avenue available.

The injured person will have to make that call. I don't practice that kind of law.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chief

No...20# is not draw weight....I shoot 60#...but long before peak, abt 20#, the talon head opens......I ALWAYS keep my thumb behind the trigger to avoid UNINTENTIONAL triggering of the relase while drawing the bow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
TruBall is All Good!

I use a TruBall (as does my buddy) and we have had no issues what so ever.

·
74,535 Posts
Truball

I not saying truball not agood release. Im saying they should do everthing to solve this promblem for him. In my years of archery I have seen archery manufactuers deny promblems direct from dealers.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts