Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
registered archer
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIRST time ever using my new double bull darkhorse and the handle on the bag is about to rip off already.. i mean come on i cant walk 200 yds down a field edge? it wasnt like i was towing it behind a fourwheeler.

has DB qualitly gone down since primos bought them or were they made in china before?

anyway who can i contact to fix this issue?, ive tried dealing w. primos corp before and its a pain in the ass

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Yes, their quality has went down since they were bought by primos...and No to the best of my knowledge when Kieth and Brooks owned them they were made in the USA

I has to see anything get outsourced overseas...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Take it to a saddle or shoe shop and have it fixed. You can also try a upholstry shop. It's just a few stitches that came loose.

·
Just Do It.....
30,182 Posts
The handle on the case?
I would use the straps to carry it.

marty

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Rather than call the dealer who sold it to you and try and get it resolved....I think your best bet is to run to the internet and throw a big hissy fit and complain about it.:rolleyes: I don't care what the company is....once in a while a bad product gets through quality control....granted it sucks....but their are channels to get it resolved.

·
Stick Flinger
819 Posts
I had some stitches come loose on the handle last year as well, but it's the bag. Doesn't effect the blind any. I did tear the blind on the front seam. It was my lazy fault. I stepped through the opening and with a short inseam I tore it. I bought some spiderwire fishing line and used that to stitch it back together. I use my kelty pack frame to carry the blind now.

·
Registered
17,204 Posts
Yes, their quality has went down since they were bought by primos...and No to the best of my knowledge when Kieth and Brooks owned them they were made in the USA

I has to see anything get outsourced overseas...
they were building them over seas before primos bought them.i dobnt even use the case.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I tell everyone interested in buying a DB the bag is useless, get a rack pack or blind hog if your buying a DB blind! The bag is only good for those emergencies where you forgot TP lol.:D

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
I've only used mine a handful of times.....but I happen to like the bag....much better than the cheaper competition I used before.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought mine before Primo's bought them out. My handle ripped within 2 days as well so it's not a "Primo's" issue. The bag is pretty much worthless anyway. Get a RackPack. They're awesome.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Sorry to read of the problems with the handle of your carry bag. Are you by chance putting anything in the bag besides the blind? :dontknow:
I recommend using the carry strap that sent with the blind.
The NEW Dark Horse has a really nice padded shoulder strap carry bag with a pouch also. It is also $299 and not $399.
Double Bull (Keith and Brooks) moved their production overseas 2 yrs before selling the company. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a pm or post it here as I will try to help out in any way I can as I still feel the Dark Horse is the best ground blind on the market today!
Good luck chasing those longbeards no matter what blind you use folks. :thumbs_up

·
registered archer
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rather than call the dealer who sold it to you and try and get it resolved....I think your best bet is to run to the internet and throw a big hissy fit and complain about it.:rolleyes: I don't care what the company is....once in a while a bad product gets through quality control....granted it sucks....but their are channels to get it resolved.

hissy fit who is throwing one? im not pissed in anyway but i have dealt with primos in the past its a pain in the ass.... since its not will primos sitting in shop making turkey calls its a corporation now.

i just asked about the company and if anyone else has had this, btw if your not helping the situation dont post.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
hissy fit who is throwing one? im not pissed in anyway but i have dealt with primos in the past its a pain in the ass.... since its not will primos sitting in shop making turkey calls its a corporation now.

i just asked about the company and if anyone else has had this, btw if your not helping the situation dont post.
If you weren't pissed you probably shouldn't have used the :mad: icon for your thread:wink::doh:.

Also, I didn't say to deal with Primos did I? I assume you must of bought your blind didn't you???? From a dealer????? That's where I'd start!:wink:

·
registered archer
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
through a primos rep

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
If you weren't pissed you probably shouldn't have used the :mad: icon for your thread:wink::doh:.

Also, I didn't say to deal with Primos did I? I assume you must of bought your blind didn't you???? From a dealer????? That's where I'd start!:wink:
Even if the OP is pissed he has a right to be,if I were him I would dump the DB and get a Rhino labs blind.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Even if the OP is pissed he has a right to be,if I were him I would dump the DB and get a Rhino labs blind.
That seems a little extreme because of a carry strap issue. The Dark Horse is a great blind and I wish I still had mine.

As far as carrying goes I find it's a lot easier to use my Eberlestock Black Widow pack than the straps on the carry bag

·
Registered
535 Posts
That seems a little extreme because of a carry strap issue. The Dark Horse is a great blind and I wish I still had mine.

As far as carrying goes I find it's a lot easier to use my Eberlestock Black Widow pack than the straps on the carry bag
Black widow? is that new?;)
My handle strap is going out on my matrix, and its annoying but not a biggie, I use a pack.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts