Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the searches...Just can't make up my mind between these two. From what I am reading, there are alot of guys that actually prefer the T5 to the Matrix. I have limited experience with blinds. I hunted twice out of a competitors blinds that was purchased on clearance a few years back and left both times with a backache and feeling that there were probably deer all around me that I never saw. For that reason alone I like the idea of the 360 viewing.
This blind will mainly be used for deer hunting, but I also hope this will get me back into turkey hunting as well.
There will also be anywhere from 1-3 young kids with me at any given time and I don't want them to fall all over them and me both trying to see what's going on.
The 50 bucks difference isn't gonna influence me either way, but I only plan on doing this once and want to make the best choice.
I am leaning towards the Matrix, but would like to hear what the T5 guys like better about that blind.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I love my T5 but never having owned a Matrix I can't comment on it. I have owned several other blinds and I can assure you the quality of a Double Bull is outstanding.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
If you are planning on taking people with you alot I would definately go with the matrix. It has the most options for viewing and window possibilites. The T5 has 8 small oval windows and 4 small viewing strip windows.

It might be hard for everyone to see out of a T5. But dont get me wrong. The T5 is a super blind too. It all depends on what you want.

rick

·
You're dithspicable
453 Posts
Get the Matrix

I own a T5 and it is an excellent blind. My dad has the Matrix and it is clearly a superior blind to mine. The next one I buy will likely be a Matrix. The windows in the Matrix let you see more, and if you're with children they'll be able to see A LOT more stuff out of it things like birds, squirrels, and deer of course. I think thats what the kids enjoy the most. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I own both and prefer the matrix when i have someone with me

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
which ever one you get make sure and get the light weight rods

I hunted from a T5 this past weekend that had them...man that sucker is light

I'm kinda partial to the T5 over the Matrix....just liked it a little better

since I hunt alone I have a T2 for myself...

·
Registered
214 Posts
We have the Matrix 360 Recurve (the Recurve is the taller one of the two Matrix Double Bull makes) and love it!

This Spring turkey season we had turkeys walk within ten yards, and a doe walk so close I thought she was going to poke her head inside!

Matrix 360 gives you the opportunity to see and shoot from a large open area. So we are not silhouetted, we keep half (180 degrees) closed behind us, and we wear ninjas black!

Plenty of room for two, but I also hunt solo! I can put the Matrix up for serious hunting in less time then I can climb a tree with my Summit Razor X5, that's a fact!

·
Registered
135 Posts
T5

I prefer the T5. I own both, gave the matrix to my brother, I am going to get another T5. I try to set my blind on higher ground, and look down on the passing deer. The windows on the T5 are lower, which allows you to shoot down, without leaning close to the window. I also had difficulties with the Marix openings, staying open. Both blinds are still the best, Tom:wink: .

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'll admit that I watched that CD from Double Bull on how to set the Matrix up and take it down about twenty-five times before I understood how to do all of that.

Then I spent a couple of hours doing what I watched. At first it was not easy, then the more I put it up, the better I got at doing it!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I do not have the Matrix, but I do have the T-5 and the BS-5. The only time that I use the blinds during deer season is to take my son. I have taking him with both, and I can tell you that the BS-5 is the better of the two that I have. It gives him more possiblites of looking out the window and seeing animals without getting to close to the window. With that being said, if you are getting it to take your kids with you, I would lean towards the Matrix!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I finally made my mind up, and I went with the Matrix. It just seemed like the right choice for me and for how I plan to use it.
It took me two glasses of iced tea, two skinned up knees and one magnum dip of copenhagen, but I got it put together. Hopefully that will get easier. I'm leavin it up til the kids get home to see it...afraid it I break it down now I won't be able to get it back up. Before I take it to the woods I'll be able to do it with my eyes closed. It didn't make it easier that the middle hub that is supposed to be marked "Matrix" wasn't marked. It also didn't help that by the time I got through wrestlin around with it I couldn't tell what was what.
Once inside I liked what I saw. I have a pretty good understanding of how everything works...and how I want to use the options. I read several posts from guys that said they thought the Matrix was cluttered with stuff going everywhere. I don't see it like that at all. It seems like everything has its place and is well thought out.
I'm surprised that I haven't heard of anybody duck hunting out of the Matrix. With that opening in the top I could see us bustin ducks on the edge of a field..especially on bitter cold mornings with a little coleman heater working.
Now that my search is over, and I am glad it's over, I am glad I went with double bull. The quality seems to be there and I am excited about using it. I tried to talk myself into going with something cheaper, but I decided to step up and do it right the first time. Plus, I went to college with co-owner Keith Beam...not that he needs my business. I wasn't on the baseball team at SAU like he was, but we were in the same dorm room and had some pretty heated ping pong table battles. Good for him, glad he's doing so great.
Thanks to all that replied, I read and considered every post before making my decision.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts