Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if guys are shooting Blazers through the mesh? I recently was on an antelope hunt in WY and took a 40 yard shot, and hit much lower than I expected. I had practiced through the mesh at 40 before I left, and had some mixed results, but not wild enough to make me switch my set up days before leaving.

I was using a Rocket Wolverine 3P with the Blazer vanes, and was curious if others had tried the blazers through the mesh, and what broadhead they were using. I am thinking I may need to go to a stinger or another fixed blade to open the hole in the mesh a little wider.

More than likely I did something to foul up the shot, and it had nothing to do with the fletching, but it has me questioning the setup so I thought I would see what everyone thought. I was able to recover the Antelope so that was a plus, but it wasn't that bullseye Double lung that we all strive for.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I shot two deer last year out of a Matrix using ACC's with Blazers and Magnus Stingers. Both shots were only 20 yards but neither shot was effected by the shoot through mesh. It's a good combination.

TEXAS

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read that shooting through loose mesh is more effective than if the mesh is tight. The theory is if the mesh is tight your arrow wants to pole vault or straighten out if shot at an angle through the mesh, but if the mesh is loose it can move and not affect the flight of the arrow. :darkbeer:

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
I've shot mechanicals with the Turbo nocks and they flew perfect. I guess if something that rigid works most anything will. Again as I keep saying everyone that shoots through mesh should buy a piece of replacement netting and practice away. For about $10 you'll know exactly how what you use shoots. Saves the blind till it counts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts